Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man backing up with that yoke into the SC makes me cringe.

In any case, it looks like you're reading off the non 1 foot rollout 0-60 times. Would like to know what the 1' rollout times are (should probably be around 3.0 seconds I'm guessing). 0-60 is pretty much equivalent to the M3P, perhaps slightly better. Thanks for providing the 1/8th mile number (yay finally!). You ran a 7.25 in that, which is exactly the same as my best 1/8th mile time (attached here), and I have some slight weight reductions too. I imagine you're going to be pulling in the 1/8th on most P3's. The 1/4 mile is where I expect to see the biggest difference. I'm going to guess it's around 11.2x, maybe 11.1x if on a drag strip at full SoC. I will say parking lots aren't the best testing ground. Even the slightest bumpiness is going to affect your time. Ideally you want to test on a nice flat road with no dips, bumps, cracks, or anything of the sort. If you do find one, you can probably manage a 3.1x time, which would peg the 1' rollout time right around a low 2.9, maybe 2.8 if you're lucky.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-055109.png
    Screenshot_20210712-055109.png
    321.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Big thank you to @Tex EV for taking the time to do this! Love your music btw.

The LR is doing great, the slight power loss might be heat indeed. But it is a bit of a worry. But many 0-60mph launches without some driving to help cool the car down might be the problem. Or maybe the LR doesn’t have all the heat management trickery of the Plaid.

I’m guessing low 11s at low 120mph for the LR in the 1/4.

Man backing up with that yoke into the SC makes me cringe.

In any case, it looks like you're reading off the non 1 foot rollout 0-60 times. Would like to know what the 1' rollout times are (should probably be around 3.0 seconds I'm guessing). 0-60 is pretty much equivalent to the M3P, perhaps slightly better. Thanks for providing the 1/8th mile number (yay finally!). You ran a 7.25 in that, which is exactly the same as my best 1/8th mile time (attached here), and I have some slight weight reductions too. I imagine you're going to be pulling in the 1/8th on most P3's. The 1/4 mile is where I expect to see the biggest difference. I'm going to guess it's around 11.2x, maybe 11.1x if on a drag strip at full SoC. I will say parking lots aren't the best testing ground. Even the slightest bumpiness is going to affect your time. Ideally you want to test on a nice flat road with no dips, bumps, cracks, or anything of the sort. If you do find one, you can probably manage a 3.1x time, which would peg the 1' rollout time right around a low 2.9, maybe 2.8 if you're lucky.
You have the ingenext Ghost on your AWD+. The Ghost is a bit quicker than the 3P. It seems like the LR matches that. Hard to tell until we have a full run. But so far everything points to the LR being a big quicker than the 3P which is quite good.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Big thank you to @Tex EV for taking the time to do this! Love your music btw.

The LR is doing great, the slight power loss might be heat indeed. But it is a bit of a worry. But many 0-60mph launches without some driving to help cool the car down might be the problem. Or maybe the LR doesn’t have all the heat management trickery of the Plaid.

I’m guessing low 11s at low 120mph for the LR in the 1/4.
i was saying this the whole time low elevens. Finally someone at least posted 1/8 mile times. 👌

Interesting tidbit I found while looking for 1/8mile times. It’s a NHRA convertion table. For 7.25sec 1/8 mile you have a predicted 11.3sec quarter mile. Seems to be working as the 6.0sec 1/8 mile for the Plaid gives a predicted 9.3sec in the 1/4 which is pretty much what the Plaid does.

Thanks for posting that 1/8th to 1/4 link. With my MY LR, I am running ~ .2 seconds quicker in the 1/4 than my 1/8th time would suggest. It is saying I should be at over 12.71 and I am running .2 quicker than that. Point being that it is intirely possible the MS LR could run better than we think in the quarter given its 1/8th mile time.

From talking to other friends who have an MS LR on order, if it isn't significantly quicker than the M3P, they aren't going to be very happy. Should that be the case, I wonder if Tesla will offer an acceleration boost upgrade as they did for the 3/Y.

You have the ingenext Ghost on your AWD+. The Ghost is a bit quicker than the 3P. It seems like the LR matches that. Hard to tell until we have a full run. But so far everything points to the LR being a big quicker than the 3P which is quite good.

Ingenext Ghost is the same as the 3P. I have a number of weight reductions which make my car a little quicker (especially unsprung weight). I have ran the 1/4 mile at the drag strip against a buddy who also has a Stealth 3P with no weight reductions and our times were only 1/100th of a second apart. Other Stealths with lighter roters have also ran the same 0-60 as me (as you can see on Dragy leaderboards).

So the rumors were true, $50k for 2 seconds. :)

And thanks @Tex EV
I have to say for my usage, it isn't worth it. If I was going to track the car a lot, then it might be worth it. For the performance you get, it is an incredible bargain. I would almost never be able to use its potential on the street.

I have other vehicles that I am now selling because of that same reason. I can only explore their real potential at the track. Sure a quick hit to 60 here and there is fun but the traffic in my area is growing and so is the police presence. The risk/reward isn't worth it on the street. The backroads I used to go to are no having lots of new houses built. The only "safe" place I can go to open one of my faster vehicles is 20 min away.

Kudos to Tesla for building something so amazing from a performance perspective. I'll appreciate it from afar. The MS LR is fast enough for me to have fun on the streets without going too crazy.

i was saying this the whole time low elevens. Finally someone at least posted 1/8 mile times. 👌
I have a better 1/8 mile time than that, but I never posted it because I let off the throttle as soon as I hit 100 mph. @Tex EV trap speed of 97 mph seems slow. I hit 103.58 and didn’t post it because I thought the car would perform better. I was planning on doing more runs, but I’m now driving a loaner with the LR stuck at Tesla service for the next couple of weeks.

8A59F8FF-0FC7-4E60-9196-432EEBC33598.jpeg

I have a better 1/8 mile time than that, but I never posted it because I let off the throttle as soon as I hit 100 mph. @Tex EV trap speed of 97 mph seems slow. I hit 103.58 and didn’t post it because I thought the car would perform better. I was planning on doing more runs, but I’m now driving a loaner with the LR stuck at Tesla service for the next couple of weeks.

View attachment 683712
According to another 1/8 to 1/4 conversion site, it should be 11,35sec @ 128mph. This is for ICE cars. We know EV don't behave the same way. I think the ET will be better but the trap lower. But as I said in the delivery thread, if 128mph is the real trap speed for the LR, wowza!! This thing moves! It's 991.2 GT3 or new NSX territory!

I can't wait for some completed 1/4mile from the LR owners.

Keep in mind, these times so far look to be rolling on 21" wheels. The 19's are likely a lot lighter based on how Tesla normally does it so we might see even better times (assuming traction isn't an issue).
Are both the 19's and 21's light weight forged alloy rims? I just assumed the 19's are cast not forged, which would make them a lot heavier than the 21's.

Does anyone know this for sure?