Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow congrats Omar!! Was this your only <10s run (did you get the boot after the results came out)?

I like your R/T, nice and slow ;) were you waiting for cheetah stance to fully engage?
LOL, trying to use Cheetah stance adds its own wrinkle--I also learned that Cheetah Stance times out after a bit. And yeah, this was the end of the evening for me.

Video: 1/4 mile drag strip run

A couple of observations:
  • Surprisingly, I had slower 0-60 times than on my backroad and overall acceleration was not as hard--topped out at ~1g vs the ~1.5g is was seeing on the highway. 0-60 times were2.6s where I can usually run 2.3s consistently. Being a newbie, not sure if I am interpreting the data properly
  • Cheetah mode means you need to be comfortable running solo. Ironically, in my second run, I got staged and into Cheetah Mode right away but the other car had trouble getting staged, so the car popped out of launch mode....sigh

Video: 1/4 mile drag strip run

A couple of observations:
  • Surprisingly, I had slower 0-60 times than on my backroad and overall acceleration was not as hard--topped out at ~1g vs the ~1.5g is was seeing on the highway. 0-60 times were2.6s where I can usually run 2.3s consistently. Being a newbie, not sure if I am interpreting the data properly
  • Cheetah mode means you need to be comfortable running solo. Ironically, in my second run, I got staged and into Cheetah Mode right away but the other car had trouble getting staged, so the car popped out of launch mode....sigh
That’s why the guy on the Tesla Plaid Channel hardly ever runs in Drag Strip Mode (Ludicrous Plus) in his Raven Model S. Just not appropriate / reliable when drag racing. Not worth the hassle.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That’s why the guy on the Tesla Plaid Channel hardly ever runs in Drag Strip Mode (Ludicrous Plus) in his Raven Model S. Just not appropriate / reliable when drag racing. Not worth the hassle.
Yeah I think it would probably be better for drag racing if the driver just left the car in Plaid mode, or in Dragstrip Mode, just without launching it.

*sugar sugar sugar*..... I feel bad bringing this up now, but you went AROUND the water, right? The track I used to frequent had an area that held a bit of water and the full drag cars would drive through it and then do a burnout. The street cars with rear drag radials would drive around the waterbox and back up so just our rear tires would get wet, then roast 'em. I haven't been yet in the Tesla but I would definitely skip the water altogether when I go.

However..... sometimes the track is just 'greasy' as well. I know our local track wouldn't prep very well all the time and it would take quite a few cars to run before it 'settled in'.

Still, what an awesome date night! I'm gonna tell my wife she needs to step up her game LOL LOL!

Any idea what is going on with this account? He’s on and off. Posts and removes stuff. It is kinda weird.
yeah noticed the same getting pissed :)
Actually guys his IG story is still there. His account is private now, so if you weren't a follower previously, you can't see his posts. That's why the link doesn't go anywhere for you guys. Here's a screenshot:

*sugar sugar sugar*..... I feel bad bringing this up now, but you went AROUND the water, right? The track I used to frequent had an area that held a bit of water and the full drag cars would drive through it and then do a burnout. The street cars with rear drag radials would drive around the waterbox and back up so just our rear tires would get wet, then roast 'em. I haven't been yet in the Tesla but I would definitely skip the water altogether when I go.

However..... sometimes the track is just 'greasy' as well. I know our local track wouldn't prep very well all the time and it would take quite a few cars to run before it 'settled in'.

Still, what an awesome date night! I'm gonna tell my wife she needs to step up her game LOL LOL!
Yeah, went around the water. I went out again this morning and did another 0-60 in ~2.3, so that eliminates anything weird with the car mechanically or with Tesla falling around with the SW in the last update I got.

Let me know how your wife reacts. :)

Here is the comparison of the 0-60 portion of my 1/4 mile run at the strip (left) vs 0-60 run on ol' faithful this AM (right). There's a clear difference in acceleration curve. BTW, SoC was probably about the same at this point.

compare.jpg