Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s funny…I have a buddy that works at Lambo/Bentley in LA. I saw him a few weeks back and told him to drag anything he has off the floor and lets go run them. He laughed and asked what I was talking about. Another person mentioned my Plaid and he was like ohhhhh…yeah I rode in one, it’s insane.

And then he started to go on about how it doesn’t stop, the brakes suck and blah, blah, blah. Another buddy said, “yep, there it is…what you say when you need to sell high-end performance cars and the family sedan just killed everything at the dealer.“. 😜
Just go in the comments section of Plaid videos of YouTube. When P100D was king, you would read stuff like, yeah but it’d get killed in the 1/2.
Now with the Plaid you start seeing stuff like the lack of sound (that’s a pretty common one) or one recently that made me laugh: it can’t corner… yeah like your boosted, nitrous, drag radial car with skinnies that gets beaten by the Plaid can corner. BTW the Plaid still pushes 1.05g on the skidpad. 😳

Now the brakes? That’s hilarious. The car has the 0-100-0 record. Ok the brakes might not be the best, but they ain’t the worst.

The ICE crowd is getting desperate. Haters gonna hate and the Plaid dominates!

Just go in the comments section of Plaid videos of YouTube. When P100D was king, you would read stuff like, yeah but it’d get killed in the 1/2.
Now with the Plaid you start seeing stuff like the lack of sound (that’s a pretty common one) or one recently that made me laugh: it can’t corner… yeah like your boosted, nitrous, drag radial car with skinnies that gets beaten by the Plaid can corner. BTW the Plaid still pushes 1.05g on the skidpad. 😳

Now the brakes? That’s hilarious. The car has the 0-100-0 record. Ok the brakes might not be the best, but they ain’t the worst.

The ICE crowd is getting desperate. Haters gonna hate and the Plaid dominates!
LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!😁😁

Did not know about the 0-100-0 record or the 1.05g skid pad. Any sources on that? That's pretty awesome - like the rest of the car.

The car that can do it all. Beat a Bugatti on the drag strip, hang with supercars in the corners, carry groceries from Costco, in total comfort and silence while returning 100+mpg and also being the safest car on the road. 😳

*Edit: Of course 2021Plaid was gonna beat me posting the link. 🤣

Looks like he used a ringer for a driver - a small woman. Might be a tough time to beat.

3CC9F540-7D2F-4854-838F-EE088ACEDC13.png

Looks like he used a ringer for a driver - a small woman. Might be a tough time to beat.

View attachment 688135
Read her Instagram…she drives a race car and her saying this car “hits” harder is nuts. Carbon anything on this car to get it down in weight will definitely be very appealing to owners. @UnpluggedP needs to make carbon doors, hood, and trunk soon. They already have the doors for the model 3.

Are there any lap times anywhere for the Plaid? Do we think it would beat the Taycan Turbo S around the Nurburgring? I recognize the car isn't available in Germany yet, but the lack of times on any USA tracks is driving me a bit crazy!
The Nurburgring is currently closed because of the flooding situation there. Hopefully @UnpluggedP sends their car there. It’s ready to be unleashed.

Are there any lap times anywhere for the Plaid? Do we think it would beat the Taycan Turbo S around the Nurburgring? I recognize the car isn't available in Germany yet, but the lack of times on any USA tracks is driving me a bit crazy!
Back in 2019, the Model S Plaid prototypes ran hand-timed <7:20 second laps on the Nurburgring. Keep in mind that these prototypes likely were without the carbon-wrapped rotors, as in the first Laguna Seca lap time video, (and even second video), they were doing >6 second 60-130 times. So the production Plaid could very well do a rock bottom 7 minute time at the Nurburgring.
Article:

Reactions: SmartElectric
Back in 2019, the Model S Plaid prototypes ran hand-timed <7:20 second laps on the Nurburgring. Keep in mind that these prototypes likely were without the carbon-wrapped rotors, as in the first Laguna Seca lap time video, (and even second video), they were doing >6 second 60-130 times. So the production Plaid could very well do a rock bottom 7 minute time at the Nurburgring.
Article:

That's right. It's hard to extrapolate too much, though, in terms of what brakes/suspension were used here. Guess we'll have to be patient... And we'll have to wait for the 200mph unlock, something the Plaid can use on that long, ending straight.