Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profile Won't Move Seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, pretty sure I'm gonna have to call Tesla service on this one, but just in case someone has an idea first...

We just had the seats replaced in our Model S. Now for some reason when recalling a driver profile, the driver's seat does not move into position. No movement at all, in fact. I have tried resaving the profile, and even creating a new profile, but it does not change anything. The system clearly is talking to the seat though, because when I move the seat with the controls it pops up the prompt asking if I want to save the changes, like normal. Just no dice on it getting the seat to move. Rebooting the main screen did not help either. Any ideas?

I think no one has responded because you've tried all the easy fixes! New profile, delete one, reboot, seat still saves its own changes. Makes little sense.

I assume this worked before of course. Was there an update applied while they had the car and what firmware is it on now? Could be the issue.

The other I noticed if the fobs are linked to the profile, it sometimes gets confused. And it'll say my name but the seat will be in my wife's position. Clicking my name does nothing (IIRC), but if I hit restore, it'll move the seat to the proper position.

I have the same issue as you in my 2017 model X - everything regarding the driver profiles works normally except for the seat moving. The mirrors adjust, the steering wheel moves, the suspension/creep settings change.... But no seat.

I was told several months ago that it's a firmware bug after they went over my car in the shop *twice* trying to fix it. I've gone through four firmware updates since the problem started with no change in behavior. And while looking came across your post.

Thanks for any help you can pass on.

Unfortunately I still haven't gotten to the SC. I was in the area of the SC last weekend (it's a few hours away), and had planned to get it done then, but the service department was all out for training that week, so I couldn't get it done. What bad timing!

Well guys, I have my answer as to what happened. I figured it out yesterday when I turned on the heated seat for the first time (since it finally got cold!), and I got... no heat.

That led to a few more forum searches, and I found out that textile seats in late '12 and early '13 did not have heated seats, memory function, or lumbar support controls. I am missing all 3 of those features. Seeing as I actually have a late '13 vehicle, which should have had the "updated" textile seats, that means they just ordered the wrong kind when the replacement was done a few months ago. I called and explained all this to the SC just now, they agreed with my assessment, and they will reorder the correct seats. Unfortunately they said it can often take 2 months, so it's gonna be a cold start to this winter's driving :-(. On the upside, I now only will have to go to the SC once rather than twice.

Reactions: boaterva