Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife has been complaining to me all the time that she has to click on her profile to get seat, steering wheel and side mirrors adjusted even though her profile set to primary.

Note: I used my phone to accept delivery and add her as a driver.

Yeah, my Dec. 2016 Model X started random assignment of profiles after a software update back in 2018. I've had it in for many, many fixes. This last time, they just changed the batteries in the key fobs, even though I told them in advance it wouldn't work. Always looking for the quickest, least expensive thing to do. So somehow, my key fob died after they changed the battery. Service has never been Tesla's strong suit, but it keeps getting worse. Going back in tomorrow with multiple leftover complaints from my December service requests. I'll update this post, but I'm pessimistic.

Our experience here is whosever phone gets there first and unlocks the car with “there“ being near or approaching the driver’s side door. We have an Easy Entry profile so there is time as the seat adjust to change it if it is not what we want. No cloud profiles in use.
Interestingly the car typically reconnects audio to the last connected phone and this may not be the same as the phone which unlocked the car and set the driver profile.