Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side interior door handle trim scratches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some scratches on the interior door handle trim. This is caused from constantly getting in and out of the car with a ring on. I have a 2018 MS so the trim is a smoke/charcoal color. Please see pics.

I was thinking of plasti dipping it with a matching color. I dont think this trim comes off easily, so I was thinking to just mask around it and spray a few coats. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_5661.jpg
    IMG_5661.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_5660.jpg
    IMG_5660.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 279
I had the same issues. It’s even worse with my newer model with the graphite trim. I got this and like it. Below is a pic of it.

US $254.31 51% Off | Door trim for car tesla model s accessories tesla 2018 model s tesla car accessories tesla model s carbon fiber interior
US $259.5 50% OFF|Door trim for car tesla model s accessories tesla 2018 model s tesla car accessories tesla model s carbon fiber interior|Automotive Interior Stickers| - AliExpress

View attachment 569315

Thanks for the pic. Do you have carbon fiber on the dash/ interior trim? I do and I would only get this if it matches up well. If not, it might look at little tacky.

FYI, I found a similar product for cheaper on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/OBL-Interior...+door&qid=1595814023&s=automotive&sr=1-8&th=1

Thanks for the pic. Do you have carbon fiber on the dash/ interior trim? I do and I would only get this if it matches up well. If not, it might look at little tacky.

FYI, I found a similar product for cheaper on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/OBL-Interior-Mouldings-2016-2019-Accessories/dp/B07Y1YLNH5/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=tesla+model+s+interior+door&qid=1595814023&s=automotive&sr=1-8&th=1

Looks like the one on Amazon is imitation CF, where as the one I have is real (although I am no expert). Also, I wanted matte not glossy.

I do have CF trim in my interior and while the direction of this trim is different, I don’t think it’s noticeable bc they aren’t next to each other. I’m satisfied with how it looks. I put another pic below.

Another option is I saw on Ali express is a standard graphite trim for cheap too.

7E4AF20C-4721-46DB-835C-E192F1F126AE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: croman
Looks like the one on Amazon is imitation CF, where as the one I have is real (although I am no expert). Also, I wanted matte not glossy.

I do have CF trim in my interior and while the direction of this trim is different, I don’t think it’s noticeable bc they aren’t next to each other. I’m satisfied with how it looks. I put another pic below.

Another option is I saw on Ali express is a standard graphite trim for cheap too.

View attachment 569355
I looked on the site you said you got this but I don't see the matte, only the glossy.....did you see it somewhere else other than Ali express? thanks for your help

That trim comes off pretty easily. You remove the door panel and then it's secured by 6-8 screws. Definitely remove it vs masking it. I replaced mine with new stock when I bought my S used from tesla i think it was around $100 per side.
I realize this is an old thread but have the same issue. Does anyone know what OEM part number this is? Tesla SC telling me the whole door panel would need to be ordered / replace but this leads me to believe they are wrong. Thanks

Thanks. Believe you are correct. Service center said need to replace the entire panel. Would cost over $800 installed so not sure I’m gonna go that route.
Hope I'm not too late to the party here, but I've been doing some research on door stuff as well. I came across this:

I haven't purchased it. Anyone here can confirm the part number/legitimacy?