Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had My 23 MYP Headliner Reupholstered with Alcántara

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed my 21 MSLR Alcántara headliner, so I found a nice shop in Johnston, RI called Towne Auto Upholstery. They did an amazing job. Matches the OEM alcantara trim pieces perfectly (note the B-pillar and door trim pic below).

Some might not like the light colored plastic trim pieces still remaining, but I dont mind it. I think it adds a nice contrast, actually. Definitely feels more premium now!

IMG_1720.jpeg

IMG_1718.jpeg

70026209829__11866CAD-04F4-410C-8460-F8A314D6C8AC.jpeg

Front dome trim could be painted matt black, rear dome can be wrapped. Would blend in very nicely!

Again, it doesn’t brother. Think it would actually look odd if only the front was dyed, as the visors hardware is also the same color as well as the seatbelt mechanism which both a a bitch to fully dismantle. Also, Model Ys do not have a rear dome. They have two side lights which also have the coat hanger clips. They would need to be dyed as well.

in the end, yes, dying would be more consistent, but the hassle of doing so vs the outcome is null to me because as stated, I actually like the contrast.

Again, it doesn’t brother. Think it would actually look odd if only the front was dyed, as the visors hardware is also the same color as well as the seatbelt mechanism which both a a bitch to fully dismantle. Also, Model Ys do not have a rear dome. They have two side lights which also have the coat hanger clips. They would need to be dyed as well.

in the end, yes, dying would be more consistent, but the hassle of doing so vs the outcome is null to me because as stated, I actually like the contrast.
got it bro, you’re happy and thats the end of it 👍