Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side window closed by itself before entry - trim damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My trim was replaced for free while in service for additional issues. I don’t think it’s wise to wait to have your trim replaced until an update is confirmed. The more people that get their trim replaced the quicker Tesla will move to resolve it. Clearly replacing these must be very costly and they should want it resolved as much as anyone.

Reactions: teko and firerock
I had the same issue a couple weeks ago. My scratch looks just like the others shown here. I have an open ticket to fix my trunk that doesn't close or open properly so I'll be asking them to fix it at that time.

I have Frunk issue (while driving, the car told me the frunk isn't latched; but not true) and while waiting for parts, my window issue came up. Told service center about it and waited for another week. Now the car is in the shop but they are trying figure out the issue with frunk. The fun part of being earlier adopter...

The Driver window issue has happened a total of 3 times now. All when car was asleep. After the first two the service center recalibrated all my windows but did not experience the issue so they couldn’t resolve anything. The third time was today so I will contact Tesla again see what they say.

Same issue here.

B10942F4-8726-4053-B9B5-5FE834089E76.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A883BA5-273C-4B2B-99CB-D900CA5095B1.jpeg
    5A883BA5-273C-4B2B-99CB-D900CA5095B1.jpeg
    576.6 KB · Views: 46
View attachment 536323 Mine did this once and damaged the trim too. I am very aware now that it drops. I have it into service and they saw it happen while it was there and kept it over the weekend. I am suppose to get it back today and they are replacing the trim.
Did they replace this for free? Just noticed on my Model Y on exact same spot. I requested a service and they quoted me 290$. But seems like a common issue. Not sure what else I can do to convince them that this is a common issue among many... :(

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 29