Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers Seat creaking while driving.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have squeaking from rear seat.. putting down and up seems to stop it. Hasn't done it in a week or so.. which is sad because I finally got back there and had wife drive around - just to have nothing to find.

I've had "creaking" (metallic popping) sounds from other cars (VAG), and had to reach in with a triple-square head and torque the seat bolt-to-chassis. Don't know if this applies here.

I'm still not sure if we're all talkng about the same think. I jumped to a different definition of "creaking."

GOGR33N: Is the sound a rubbing/creaking sound, like vinyl on vinyl, or a structural metallic creaking?

Hblick48: Did you check which surfaces are rubbing? Vinyl seat against plastic center console? Have you tried treating the vegan "leather" ?

I'm still not sure if we're all talkng about the same think. I jumped to a different definition of "creaking."

GOGR33N: Is the sound a rubbing/creaking sound, like vinyl on vinyl, or a structural metallic creaking?

Hblick48: Did you check which surfaces are rubbing? Vinyl seat against plastic center console? Have you tried treating the vegan "leather" ?

Definitely not structural metallic creaking. Mine is a 2016, so I have real leather.

Creaking definitely coming from seat rubbing against center console sliding top. I will treat the surfaces to see if it stops, thanks for the suggestion.

I have found the best solution for any interior squeaking/rattling to be as follows:

CS18517849.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
My sound is not coming from any rubbing of any materials. I think mine is coming from the supporting bolts. Kinda like a reclining chair when it starts to wear out. I thought if I adjusted the seat up or down it would sound a bit different or go away and it does not. Really only hear it when the G forces from accelerating puts my weight back into the seat or when braking shifts my weight forward.

Reactions: TKai
My sound is not coming from any rubbing of any materials. I think mine is coming from the supporting bolts. Kinda like a reclining chair when it starts to wear out. I thought if I adjusted the seat up or down it would sound a bit different or go away and it does not. Really only hear it when the G forces from accelerating puts my weight back into the seat or when braking shifts my weight forward.

That's the same sound I have.

Reactions: GOGR33N