Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers side door

DPEAR

Oct 13, 2019
Denton, TX
The Automatic Doors setting is on, however the drivers side door is no longer opening when approaching the car. Have rebooted the car, turned the Automatic Doors setting off and then back on.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

BigMskiman

Mar 14, 2016
Pleasanton, CA
How about closing? If you leave it a bit open and walk-away, does it auto-shut? Does the fob top press open driver door?

It seems like a fob sensing issue maybe.

DPEAR

Oct 13, 2019
Denton, TX
How about closing? If you leave it a bit open and walk-away, does it auto-shut? Does the fob top press open driver door?

The drivers door still shuts when I walk away.
Double clicked the FOB and the drivers door does open.
So what do you think? Neither FOB opens the door when I walk up to the car, maybe replacing the batteries would help?

DPEAR

Oct 13, 2019
Denton, TX

So what do you think? Neither FOB opens the door when I walk up to the car, maybe replacing the batteries would help?

Need

Nov 22, 2017
SoCal
More likely it is a sensor failure. Ours had to be fixed earlier this year. Actually I just look up my invoice, the part they replaced was called:
Module - Central Body Controller - BCCEN
1045451-00-I

But I have read door sensor for auto present could fail too.

Last edited:

DPEAR

Oct 13, 2019
Denton, TX

More likely it is a sensor failure. Ours had to be fixed earlier this year. Actually I just look up my invoice, the part they replaced was called:
Module - Central Body Controller - BCCEN
1045451-00-I

But I have read door sensor for auto present could fail too.

Thanks for the suggestion

ShawnA

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2017
Edwardsburg, MI
Hi All,

I think I may have seen some different behavior of the driver door since the latest firmware updates...
I am currently on 2019.32.12.2
It looked to me like the car no longer auto opens on public roads or streets.
It auto opens fine in parking lots and on private property...

I know some here have complained about the door opening in traffic and scaring them...

Check your private versus public roads opening.
It may be a new "feature" we are unaware of.

Shawn

yetson

Apr 14, 2020
Poland
Hello, i have same problem with front doors on MX, error says: BCCEN_W114_LFAntErrorDriver maybe someone knows where to look for this thing in car. i Want to check connections if they tarnished or maybe loose before buying whole module. Car was imported from USA to Europe.

ShawnA

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2017
Edwardsburg, MI
Hi All,

I also had the problem where the driver side door would not open...
The Service Center replaced the "Central Body Controller" as mentioned above...
It works great now...

Shawn

Reactions: Rockwell

ShawnA

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2017
Edwardsburg, MI
Hi All,

A post script I remembered too late to edit the post above:
Be sure to bring ALL of your key fobs to the service appointment.
The fobs need to be registered with the new Central Body Controller
or they will not work...

Shawn

Rockwell

Jul 23, 2017
Anaheim hills
I had this same problem with my brother model X. They changed the BCM

yetson

Apr 14, 2020
Poland
I got changed a sensor with 2pin connector in a middle of car, reset car from "T" menu, no need to change Central Module. Doors open and close while approaching and leaving.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC