Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers side door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Automatic Doors setting is on, however the drivers side door is no longer opening when approaching the car. Have rebooted the car, turned the Automatic Doors setting off and then back on.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

How about closing? If you leave it a bit open and walk-away, does it auto-shut? Does the fob top press open driver door?

It seems like a fob sensing issue maybe.
The drivers door still shuts when I walk away.
Double clicked the FOB and the drivers door does open.
So what do you think? Neither FOB opens the door when I walk up to the car, maybe replacing the batteries would help?

How about closing? If you leave it a bit open and walk-away, does it auto-shut? Does the fob top press open driver door?

The drivers door still shuts when I walk away.
Double clicked the FOB and the drivers door does open.
So what do you think? Neither FOB opens the door when I walk up to the car, maybe replacing the batteries would help?

More likely it is a sensor failure. Ours had to be fixed earlier this year. Actually I just look up my invoice, the part they replaced was called:
Module - Central Body Controller - BCCEN
1045451-00-I

But I have read door sensor for auto present could fail too.

Last edited:

More likely it is a sensor failure. Ours had to be fixed earlier this year. Actually I just look up my invoice, the part they replaced was called:
Module - Central Body Controller - BCCEN
1045451-00-I

But I have read door sensor for auto present could fail too.

Thanks for the suggestion

Hi All,

I think I may have seen some different behavior of the driver door since the latest firmware updates...
I am currently on 2019.32.12.2
It looked to me like the car no longer auto opens on public roads or streets.
It auto opens fine in parking lots and on private property...

I know some here have complained about the door opening in traffic and scaring them...

Check your private versus public roads opening.
It may be a new "feature" we are unaware of.

Shawn

Hello, i have same problem with front doors on MX, error says: BCCEN_W114_LFAntErrorDriver maybe someone knows where to look for this thing in car. i Want to check connections if they tarnished or maybe loose before buying whole module. Car was imported from USA to Europe.

Hi All,

A post script I remembered too late to edit the post above:
Be sure to bring ALL of your key fobs to the service appointment.
The fobs need to be registered with the new Central Body Controller
or they will not work...

Shawn

since I had the same issue today I can answer this question:
it is the antenna for keyless entry, there is one in the center console and another in the rocker panel, driver side (and two more in the front and back of the car).. BCCEN_W114_LFAntErrorDriver should be the one in rocker panel (vs BCCEN_W113_LFAntErrorCenter would be the one in center console).. part number is 1043130-00-B and costs under 10$ but it is likely that the antenna itself is fine but BCCEN needs to be replaced

since I had the same issue today I can answer this question:
it is the antenna for keyless entry, there is one in the center console and another in the rocker panel, driver side (and two more in the front and back of the car).. BCCEN_W114_LFAntErrorDriver should be the one in rocker panel (vs BCCEN_W113_LFAntErrorCenter would be the one in center console).. part number is 1043130-00-B and costs under 10$ but it is likely that the antenna itself is fine but BCCEN needs to be replaced
Do you know if the 1043130-00-B can just be replaced? Or would it require programming?