Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving Foot gets Cold.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I've noticed that I'm having a problem keeping my driving foot (right foot) warm when the weather is cold (like 32 degrees F). This only affects my driving foot (right foot) and it only happens to the driver. I've ridden with my husband driving and the passenger side foot compartment stays nice and toasty down there. And while driving my left foot stays nice and toasty. But no matter how much I crank the heat and fan I can't get my driving foot warm. The other thing I've noticed is it gets colder down there the faster I go. So for in town driving it's not really that big a deal but most of my driving is hi-way and it gets cold, almost drafty down there. I did poked around down there and it looks like there is no vent directly above the driving foot (unlike the passengers side which seems to have one directly above the left foot which would mirror the driving foot. Also, I've noticed that the vent closest to the driving foot doesn't have any fins to direct air/heat to the driving foot.

I'm thinking short term about cutting some cardboard and making some directional fins and hoping that will help keep that area warm. But I'm wondering if this is happening to others (possible design flaw) or if I have an isolated issue (production defect in my car).

Thanks all for your time.

Last edited:
I sometimes get a mild case of that issue in the Roadster; but we recently took a 3,000 mile trip in freezing weather in the Model S and did not notice this at all. (Believe me, my wife would have noticed and complained!). Perhaps it's just something with your car, though it's hard to imagine what it might be.

After spending $100K+ on a car, I don't think we should be subject to buying such products to keep our toes warm. If its a problem with one specific car then Tesla should just replace the car/fix it. If its actually a design issue, then I might seriously start reconsidering my order.

A joke. Hence the smiley.

I haven't noticed my toesies getting cold.

Trust me, it's a minor concern... not worth reconsidering your order.

Ok, so I've noticed that I'm having a problem keeping my driving foot (right foot) warm when the weather is cold (like 32 degrees F). This only affects my driving foot (right foot) and it only happens to the driver. I've ridden with my husband driving and the passenger side foot compartment stays nice and toasty down there. And while driving my left foot stays nice and toasty. But no matter how much I crank the heat and fan I can't get my driving foot warm. The other thing I've noticed is it gets colder down there the faster I go. So for in town driving it's not really that big a deal but most of my driving is hi-way and it gets cold, almost drafty down there. I did poked around down there and it looks like there is no vent directly above the driving foot (unlike the passengers side which seems to have one directly above the left foot which would mirror the driving foot. Also, I've noticed that the vent closest to the driving foot doesn't have any fins to direct air/heat to the driving foot.

I'm thinking short term about cutting some cardboard and making some directional fins and hoping that will help keep that area warm. But I'm wondering if this is happening to others (possible design flaw) or if I have an isolated issue (production defect in my car).

Thanks all for your time.

Liz

Thought I was going crazy and just thought my foot was asleep - but during some really cold days my driving foot has been cold too.

Will have to experiment with different climate settings to see what combo causes this! Anyone figure this out?

Aaron