Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving from Montreal QC to Yellowstone MT in a Tesla S - and back again.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started yesterday, no real concrete plan, other than the destination.
It's about 3300 km each way.

I have been using both a better route planner, and the onboard navigation, and I have to say I find both very good.
At the moment, I'm crossing a great lake on a ferry from Muskegon, Michigan state to Milwaukee in Winsconsin.
I managed 1300km in about 14 hours real time, and I now plan to follow the onboard navigation religiously to see if I can improve the distance travelled for today.
some quick observations
- I'm using Autosteer less than I thought I would
- Most superchargers are easy to find with the onboard nav, (but not all)
- My first ever faulty supercharger charger happened to be my first charger in the US (Port Huron Michigan), and for a split second I panicked that I couldn't charge in the US. Then I tried the next one and all was ok in the world again.
- I seem to be averaging around 200kw/kmv (guesstimate)
- Driving for many hours with regular breaks is much easier and comfortable than I thought it would.
- Not attempting hyper-milling since I'm more interested in least amount of time spent, rather than power efficiency. I don't know if this is correct reasoning since I haven't gone through the numbers.
- The quiet is golden

I'm not sure what's interesting but I'm keeping a log of some informations. I wanted to post here in case there are specific things I should record, or do.

Reactions: Lucky_Man