Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But that Coconut milk in the sweet sticky rice always seemed to leak out when I did that! :mad:

Now my empty center rails caress the cheap polystyrene food containers like it was designed for it.

I see lowest cost center console option - polystyrene take out containers. Separate and different sized cubbies for coins, cell phone, sunglasses, snacks, rfids, etc. Velcro them in . Haha

Yes, previously I always put such stuff in the passenger footwell, and when I got the Tesla I thought, great, what a far superior design! I definitely don't understand the thing about concealed storage. Anything I want to conceal, I put where I've put it in every previous car I've ever owned; the glovebox.
Where do you put your sunglasses when not in use? Where do you put your bottle of wine?

I drink my bottle of wine, I don't carry it around with me to roll around in a car until it breaks and stains all the carpeting. :p

That actually happened to me the day I took delivery of the car. My wife and I went wine tasting after picking up the car and we put the wine bottles we bought in that covered cargo area in the back. A bit too much "spirited driving" and two of the bottles came out of their bags and one of them broke and dumped out a full 750 ml of red wine. This was somewhat traumatic as this was the first day in a brand new car that cost 3X more than my previous car.

Luckily I have the black interior and the bit of carpeting in that part of the car is pretty easy to remove and clean. But I learned my lesson- wine now only goes in the frunk. And I bring some empty wine boxes along whenever we take the Model S wine tasting.

That actually happened to me the day I took delivery of the car. My wife and I went wine tasting after picking up the car and we put the wine bottles we bought in that covered cargo area in the back. A bit too much "spirited driving" and two of the bottles came out of their bags and one of them broke and dumped out a full 750 ml of red wine. This was somewhat traumatic as this was the first day in a brand new car that cost 3X more than my previous car.

Luckily I have the black interior and the bit of carpeting in that part of the car is pretty easy to remove and clean. But I learned my lesson- wine now only goes in the frunk. And I bring some empty wine boxes along whenever we take the Model S wine tasting.

I've found that a couple of bottles will fit nicely in the truck on the left in that compartment on the left. After all, shouldn't the booze be in the trunk anyway?

I've found that a couple of bottles will fit nicely in the truck on the left in that compartment on the left. After all, shouldn't the booze be in the trunk anyway?

I had the UMC and adapters in that space when we went wine tasting. But in retrospect I should have put the wine in that side compartment and moved the UMC somewhere else. But I still think the frunk is a great place for booze since no one else will think to look there!

Nickel and diming? That's absolutely what Tesla is doing right now. Come on, even charging for a parcel shelf is laughable. Do you know of any other manufacturer that does that? .....?

Back at you. Name a manufacture that does not offer such things. My Infiniti dealer has an entire room dedicated to selling things. And I'm not talking about car fresheners and stem caps. Big ticket expensive items that all arguably should have been included with the car.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/accessories
http://www.lexus.com/accessories/
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/accessories/portal.html
and and and