Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service center curbed wheels while car in for service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hunter6

YLR5 | MSM/BL | 20" |
Nov 29, 2021
Portland, OR
I took my Model Y in for service yesterday and they had the car for the whole day. I was messaged at 8:30pm saying the car was done. When I picked the car up at 10:30pm, I inspected it before leaving. I noticed the two wheels on the right side of my car were curbed. My rim guards saved one of the wheels but not the other. There is red paint in the scratch on the wheel, and conveniently red paint lining the curb into the service center. They are denying it of course and saying they don't have any red curbs there, even though there clearly are. They also tried to say my photo was not taken at the time of pickup, when the metadata from the image on my phone shows that it was and that I was at the service center. I also made sure to park in the light in front of their security camera to inspect the car in case I found anything. They also left a random tool/part on the dashboard of my car.

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I have had issues with this same service center. I had to have my roof glass replaced shortly after receiving the car because it was not properly installed. There was broken glass left around the rim and inside of the trunk.

Attachments

• Tesla Right Rear Wheel.jpg
    Tesla Right Rear Wheel.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 178
Super professional… they say they don’t have red curbs even though the entrance is lined by a red curb. They say my photo was not taken at pickup, I send the metadata to prove that it was. They realize they are wrong, so they end the chat so I can’t respond. Anyone know how to escalate something like this?

Attachments

• IMG_8071.jpeg
    IMG_8071.jpeg
    400.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_8083.jpeg
    IMG_8083.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 103
Super professional… they say they don’t have red curbs even though the entrance is lined by a red curb. They say my photo was not taken at pickup, I send the metadata to prove that it was. They realize they are wrong, so they end the chat so I can’t respond. Anyone know how to escalate something like this?
Wouldn't it be great if a customer service would have an escalation path for disputes, and management would try to make things right? Unfortunately that is not the way how Tesla operates.

Probably the small claims court is the only way to solve the dispute.

Before that I would give the service center one more visit (in person), demanding to speak with service center manager, and video the full conversation (even if they say that SC manager cannot speak with you about the matter). What you are doing is collecting evidence for showing later in the court that Tesla did not want to co-operate. Also, I would log time spent in trying to resolve the issue - maybe the court will order Tesla to compensate that somehow.

@Hunter6 I had a similar issue, ask for your vehicle in-take/drop-off photos when you first dropped it for service. Each service center is required to take them to avoid such issues or claims. However if they didn't take them or are not able to share it with you then escalate it with BBB. Tesla HQ will respond.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
@Hunter6 I had a similar issue, ask for your vehicle in-take/drop-off photos when you first dropped it for service. Each service center is required to take them to avoid such issues or claims. However if they didn't take them or are not able to share it with you then escalate it with BBB. Tesla HQ will respond.
So I got the in-take photos and the spot that is scratched on both wheels is conveniently cut off from both images.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056