Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove onto a median strip battery damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I wasn't paying attention while driving at night and making a turn and went straight up onto a small median strip at (10-20km/h) on which I thought was a lane. The bottom of car made a loud bang sound when I hit the median and almost got stuck on the median. The car currently drives normally and no warnings appear on the dashboard.

What issues with the car can I expect in the future from such an impact?

Hi Guys,

I wasn't paying attention while driving at night and making a turn and went straight up onto a small median strip at (10-20km/h) on which I thought was a lane. The bottom of car made a loud bang sound when I hit the median and almost got stuck on the median. The car currently drives normally and no warnings appear on the dashboard.

What issues with the car can I expect in the future from such an impact?
I accidentally hopped a curb making a right turn too tight. No damage and it drove like normal after, but several months later I went in and they informed me about a damaged oil pump. I have no idea how my incident could cause this, but it's the only explanation I could think of. With your case and my fear of these batteries not being in perfect condition for safety reasons, I'd at least bring it in for them to give you the thumbs up. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Upvote 0
I've had this happen quite a few times over speed bumps and stuff. No issues because the car has some pretty good protection rails running on the bottom of the battery that make a very loud thud when you hit them. I wouldn't worry about it even though a median is a bit more extreme than a speed bump.

Upvote 0