Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dry Steering creaking noise.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be common, it may not.

When my model 3 auto parks, the power steering emits a grinding or creaking sound when auto park is turning the wheels and the car isn’t moving. (Dry steering).

It’s not a metal grinding like something is broken, and it’s not the normal whirring sound the steering wheel makes when spinning either.
More of a creaking sound, similar to grinding, like it’s pushing the gears too hard or something.
Anyone else’s steering make that sound.?

This may be common, it may not.

When my model 3 auto parks, the power steering emits a grinding or creaking sound when auto park is turning the wheels and the car isn’t moving. (Dry steering).

It’s not a metal grinding like something is broken, and it’s not the normal whirring sound the steering wheel makes when spinning either.
More of a creaking sound, similar to grinding, like it’s pushing the gears too hard or something.
Anyone else’s steering make that sound.?
Same here. It only happens when steering on dry pavement without the wheels turning. The super smooth concrete in my garage doesn’t not cause it though. Only rough pavement.