TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dumb CHADEMO charger question....

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Scothawk, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Scothawk

Scothawk Member

Just received my CHADEMO adapter. Looking at areas in the twin cities on Plugshare there are a lot of "Goodwill" fast chargers that are Green Lots chargers. I have Chargepoint cards that issued with level 2 chargepoint chargers......what do I need to be able to use the fast DC chargers?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Greenlots card.
    Or, just get the app on your android or ios phone, and that works as well.

3. harry

harry Member

I had to enroll with GreenLots and receive an account card or an RFID tag (I forget which) by mail. The process was simple, as I remember it, and you can sign up on their website -- Greenlots.com.

I thought this network was pay, tho, not "goodwill".

Harry

4. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

If you look them up in Plugshare (set the location and apply a filter for chademo), the notes for each charger will usually indicate if there any requirements, restrictions, etc.

5. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Some stations might not require payment, and others could. In Minneapolis there do not appear to be any CHAdeMO ChargePoint stations: ChargePoint. There are CHAdeMO stations listed on PlugShare though for that city.

If in doubt, call ChargePoint at 888-758-4389 or just go with the other suggestions above.

6. Scothawk

Scothawk Member

Thanks for your replies! Downloaded the Greenlots App and ordered an RFID card. This adapter should open up even bigger road trip possibilities! very excited! Thanks again!

7. ghost640

ghost640 Member

Hey Scothawk,

I remember that we ordered and got our cars just about the same time - when did you order your CHAdeMO adapter and how long did it take to get it? I got on the waitlist a couple weeks ago and got an email reply "Thanks for your order, we have no idea how long this will take" (not the exact wording)

8. Evbwcaer

Evbwcaer Member

These chademos are at Goodwill stores (basically donated secondhand household items), the chargers are not, "goodwill." Anybody want to rent me their chademo adapter next weekend in twin cities area? (shameless hijack)

9. invisik

invisik Member

The chademo charger at McAlester college is free and no cards needed.

Also Eden Prairie Nissan's unit is free.

10. Scothawk

Scothawk Member

Ghost it took about a month to get the confirmation email to allow me to order the adapter. You have to provide your VIN at time of order since it's currently limited to one chademo adapter per car. You should be hearing something soon!:)

11. ghost640

ghost640 Member

Great, thanks Scothawk! That means I could get to the Twin Cities and back in a day!