TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dumb question about P90D range vs 90D

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by esk8mw, Oct 12, 2016.

1. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

I am coming from a 90D so I am trying to understand he difference in range with the P a little better. Basic question is does the wh/mi work out the same between the two?

In other words, let's say 290 wh/mi in my 90D got me 300 miles. If I achieve 290 wh/mi in the P, can I expect the same 300 miles, or less? My assumption is the answer is yes and the 290 wh/mi is just simply harder to achieve in the P (such that driving in the same manner in the 90D would have been say 280 wh/mi instead of the 290 shown in the P).

Sorry if this is as dumb of a question as I think it is.

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Power consumption is power consumption. Your point about getting 290 wh/mi in the P IS the issue.

• Like x 2
  3. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

That's what I figured; thanks for setting me straight.