Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dynamat Dash Pad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going through the car eliminating rattles and cheap sounding plasticky panels with felt and dynamat.

The dash pad has always bothered me because of how thin and resonant it is and I would love to dynamat the especially resonant areas but is there any concern about the dynamat trapping any heat that needs to be dissipated from the electrical components in the dash? I don't plan on dynamatting the entire underside of it, mainly just targeting the resonant areas.

Also an FYI, maybe I got a Friday afternoon car or a Monday morning car but when disassembling this thing, I'm pretty shocked at the number of wiring connectors dangling. Some were not locked into their carriers, other wire bundles were zip tied to retainer plugs that weren't even pressed in to the corresponding frame hole. Some trim clips were straight up missing. I'm not sure if the car came this way or if I've just been to some really lazy service centers who cut lots of corners when reassembling. But either way, Tesla's gotta step up that QC.