TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dynamic headlights, hope with AI?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Gwgan, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Just did the holiday TSO dance for the first time in a while and seeing the fine headlight control reminded me we expected some finesse with partial low beam when close behind another car or with oncoming traffic. Think we will still see this kind of control with the AI when the team gets around to it?

2. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Is partial low beam and dimming of headlights on one side and not the other even allowed in the US? European cars from various manufactures have features not allowed by the US DOT. For example, sequential turn signals that flash in sequence toward the direction you are turning. In other countries those are legal. In the US they are not, but manufactures get around it by have sequential and single turn signal.

3. Mysta

Mysta Former Vendor

I know Audi who is pretty much the head of headlight game can't use their intelligent laser headlights(iLaS) yet in US. I really hope that's a near future update for Tesla when they finally start allowing that.

• Informative x 1