Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dynamic headlights, hope with AI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
Just did the holiday TSO dance for the first time in a while and seeing the fine headlight control reminded me we expected some finesse with partial low beam when close behind another car or with oncoming traffic. Think we will still see this kind of control with the AI when the team gets around to it?

Is partial low beam and dimming of headlights on one side and not the other even allowed in the US? European cars from various manufactures have features not allowed by the US DOT. For example, sequential turn signals that flash in sequence toward the direction you are turning. In other countries those are legal. In the US they are not, but manufactures get around it by have sequential and single turn signal.

Just did the holiday TSO dance for the first time in a while and seeing the fine headlight control reminded me we expected some finesse with partial low beam when close behind another car or with oncoming traffic. Think we will still see this kind of control with the AI when the team gets around to it?
I know Audi who is pretty much the head of headlight game can't use their intelligent laser headlights(iLaS) yet in US. I really hope that's a near future update for Tesla when they finally start allowing that.

• Informative
Reactions: Gwgan