Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP available immediately after FSD purchase. No D/L needed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My prior Tesla was a 2017 X100D with AP2.0. It had Enhanced Auto-Pilot and I had gotten accustomed to the features, albeit quirky at times. Parking, Navigate on Autopilot, Summon.

At the end of the last quarter, I traded my car for a 2019 Raven Performance X with Ludicrous for about the same price as my 2017 originally cost. The new vehicle came with Auto-Pilot as standard. So I had lane keeping and TACC. I wanted the newer features such as Sentry with USB recording, MCU2, a newer WiFi antenna and the color cameras.

Today, I purchased FSD. Comments on my choice to purchase are better for another thread.

When I made the purchase via my web account, I was advised that the features might take up to 3 days before they were available. I thought Wifi would be needed at least.

I was amazed that within 20 minutes of making the purchase, I had EAP features. The Autopilot which would disengage when I turned on the turn signal now made a lane change. Checking system settings, Navigate on Autopilot was now available.

No download of new software was needed. I was on 2019.24.4 prior to purchasing and the same after... Immediate availability. That is pretty amazing.

Looking forward to what the future holds.

Glad to hear it. I prepaid for FSD when I bought the new X in June - and it came without the features, and it took me a week of phone calls (very hard to get an actual person on the phone, that automated system caused much aggravation, especially when it sends you to a non-functional chat instead) and emails and multiple service center visits to get it enabled.

(To be clear, it was eventually enabled OTA - I had to visit the service center a couple times to get onto the right waiting list for the OTA service a few days later.)

But all is well now.

all they are doing is unlocking something your car already had to begin with

I agree that a line of code was changed from a 0 to a 1 and now I have EAP features.

But within an hour of me getting home and back to a solid WiFi signal I was prompted to install an update.

While it may be a coincidence, I believe this is the download that I was originally expecting when I purchased FSD.