Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP cost after car purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received 30-day EAP trial this morning as well. However I don't see pricing, the option to purchase is missing in My Account page and on Autopilot screen in my car.

Tried EAP for the first time this morning on 404/DVP and I wasn't too pleased with it. I find the slowdown to full stop is jerky and the acceleration delayed when traffic starts moving. I set to a distance of 3 so I guess it is waiting for at least that much room to start acceleration. My rides are much smoother without EAP as I would have relied totally on one pedal with easing off much sooner than EAP and accelerating a bit sooner too but this jerkiness felt like driving an ICE car. Haven't driven any other EV than M3 and I like how sensitive it is to the pressure on the accelarator and I can make full use of regen. Will play around for next 30 days to see if I am missing something but at the moment is still a no for me to shell out anywhere b/w $6600-$9200.

I've had the 14 day trial and loved it (travelling between cities in Canada is a godsend). I spoke to the tesla Montreal and told me that chances are I won't be getting the 30 day trial.... meaning no discount... is this true? I regret not purchasing before the extreme price hike. $10300.... no thx....

Just got a 30 day trial this morning. I'm assuming it'll let me purchase at a lower price for a limited time.
Does it say that? I think the last time they did a trial in august/september there were no discounts applied. Hopefully they do give the pre delivery price though, because that would generate a tonne more sales. EAP is well worth the money I spent on it. If you commute 20+ km on the highway each way for work...I think below that distance I wouldn't use it that much.

Does it say that? I think the last time they did a trial in august/september there were no discounts applied. Hopefully they do give the pre delivery price though, because that would generate a tonne more sales. EAP is well worth the money I spent on it. If you commute 20+ km on the highway each way for work...I think below that distance I wouldn't use it that much.

I think it mentions $7200 at least on the updated trial website. So not pre delivery price but not $9000 either.

My commute is about 25km mostly highway... It used to be about 60-70km and I would definitely have gotten it then. I'll see how the trial goes.

For what it does, I think it is a ridiculous price. A few days ago Elon Tweeted looking for suggestions - mine was to implement a tiered system so we can buy the bits we want. My wife's is that they could have a pay per use (or per month). In our specific case, the only thing of use for most of our driving in the region is TACC - Autosteer not helpful and there are no four-lane highways for auto-lane change to work with haha! But for our once a year road trip, would be nice to use some of the features...

For what it does, I think it is a ridiculous price. A few days ago Elon Tweeted looking for suggestions - mine was to implement a tiered system so we can buy the bits we want. My wife's is that they could have a pay per use (or per month). In our specific case, the only thing of use for most of our driving in the region is TACC - Autosteer not helpful and there are no four-lane highways for auto-lane change to work with haha! But for our once a year road trip, would be nice to use some of the features...

With the Summon feature, it will be great miss not to buy initially

Got the 30 day trial this morning also. Used it for a couple highest drives of about 150km.

I think it’s neat for sure. I’m glad I didn’t buy it though. I really like driving the car myself:)

For leisure - 100% with you on driving the car myself. For being stuck on the 401/DVP/Any GTA highway at rush hour - it's worth more than what it costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcons
For leisure - 100% with you on driving the car myself. For being stuck on the 401/DVP/Any GTA highway at rush hour - it's worth more than what it costs.
Also for me summon has enhanced the value. Being able to back the car out of the garage without having to squeeze around it and risk dropping something on it/scratching the paint is great.

Plus it was pretty awesome this week as I was backing the car out and a teenager walking to school stopped and was waiting for the car to back out across the sidewalk. I told them "Dont worry, there's no one in the car and it will stop on its own before the sidewalk", the look on their face was priceless when the looked in the car and saw no one in there. :D