Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP Missing after 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there's a few threads where this is mentioned, but I figured having a dedicated thread might be better.

In my case (AP2) EAP was working fine after 2019.16.2 but today it's not there.

If anyone figures anything out to fix please post :)

Regards,
Dan

I have a MS 2018 with FSD. Haven’t been able to activate AutoPilot or cruise control since last night. The console does not show any lane markers, surrounding vehicles or speed limit data. I tried rebooting a few times with no change.

Even auto high beam is not working. All this was working fine even after an update to 2019.16.2 for a few days. So may be a server side issue. Hopefully this resolved soon. I have a long trip coming up tomorrow.

Seeing the same thing in New England on I-95/I-495. 2017 Model S with HW2. No line markers, not ultrasonic sensing. Headlights, when turned to Auto, are on in the sunlight. Basically seems like the sensors aren't feeding into the computer. Asked a guy @ the supercharger today and he was seeing the same thing with his Model X since yesterday. Rebooted, cleaned cameras, etc with no change. Gotta be a bug or server issue.

I know there's a few threads where this is mentioned, but I figured having a dedicated thread might be better.

In my case (AP2) EAP was working fine after 2019.16.2 but today it's not there.

If anyone figures anything out to fix please post :)

Regards,
Dan

I had the same problem on my HW 2 S. It happened a few days after the 2019.16.2 update, which I suspect could have been related to sentry mode. After the update sentry mode was enabled by my wife for all locations, including our home, so it was literally running sentry mode the whole time it was parked overnight in our garage every day. I suspect that can cause heat build up and possibly a crash of the AP computer. From reading @verygreen 's reddit posts there's no way to force a restart of the AP computer, however it should restart after your car goes into sleep mode.

In my case AP came back by it's self after the car had been parked for a few hours. The key was I disabled sentry mode first, then let it sit.

Curious, do you have sentry mode on?

I see that Model 3 does not have a conventional fuse box, so how about disconnecting the 12V battery?

Might that have a chance to reboot AP computer?
does not help, I think.

Pulling the blue connector works (obviously you need to take a bit of the trim apart).

Worth checking: turn off sentry mode and climate, make sure there's no wifi car can connect to, exit the car and walk far enough away that the mirrors fold (model3 has folding mirrors, right?) to indicate whatever works as the keyfob is far enough for the car to no longer sense it.

Wait 3-4 minutes and return. On s/x this causes the car to enter sleeping as well.

• Informative
Reactions: OPRCE and Tam
In my case AP came back by it's self after the car had been parked for a few hours. The key was I disabled sentry mode first, then let it sit.

Curious, do you have sentry mode on?
Wow! That did it! Thank you very much.

Pretty disappointing that this wasn't fixed before rollout. Really disappointing not even being able to use regular cruise control.

Regards
Dan

Reactions: PhaseWhite
I just recently experienced the same issue with the car not being able to engage in AP, started happening yesterday. I thought I messed it up when I went through a car wash for the first time. (1 month old model 3) Reading the threads here, I turned off Sentry Mode to allow it to "sleep" and when I went to lunch, car has AP again. I'm going to turn off the default Sentry Mode "ON" and just turn it on from my phone. (like how it was before update to 16.2) Thanks for everyone's input. It was helpful.

My MX stopped while driving with 16.2 EAP and other comfort functions. Message in screen they are not available, Could be back on next drive. The message keeps showing every drive, called SC and Tesla Road Help, reboot, reinstall and power down did not work.

Problem exist since monday 27 may, had a update to 16.3, and problem stays. They are working on it is repons from Tesla.

My MX stopped while driving with 16.2 EAP and other comfort functions. Message in screen they are not available, Could be back on next drive. The message keeps showing every drive, called SC and Tesla Road Help, reboot, reinstall and power down did not work.

Problem exist since monday 27 may, had a update to 16.3, and problem stays. They are working on it is repons from Tesla.
Had this happen on my 2017 S75D on a 200 km drive.
AP , lane markings and surrounding car rendering came on and off the driver cluster screen intermittently. Was annoying as I couldn't use NOA for the trip.
Was no problems before installing 2019.16.2 firmware.

Lane markers, surrounding vehicle animation, and autopilot gone with Sentry Mode.
Instant fix without having to wait for car to sleep: Park, turn off Sentry Mode. Turn off Autopilot. Reboot center screen console (press and hold both scroll wheels on steering > 3 secs). Check to see autopilot on. Drive should be back to normal with autopilot.