Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP to FSD upgrade now $3,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s my situation

And you may actually be stuck, unless you can get something in writing stating that you should be getting the lower cost EAP->FSD upgrade.

Since your actual purchase agreement was for AP, not EAP, Tesla can state that you were provided features for free, happy birthday. But, as your agreement for AP drops you into a different upgrade path to FSD, you would probably have to seek some type of approval to get the lower cost upgrade.

I'm sure there are more than a few people in this situation (I would probably have been in the same boat had I purchased the X I was looking at in April).

I have EAP but my account shows Autopilot. Not sure what’s going on here because folks are providing different information.
How it looks for an older car owner like me. It just says AP upgrade.
ap-upgrade.jpg

Sounds like people who paid for AP but somehow lucked into EAP during the initial weeks of the AP package initiation are now confused why they are being charged $6000 for FSD as though they only had AP. That’s kind of funny. I recall some of those lucky folks wondered if Tesla would ever discover their error and take back the features tied to EAP. I guess they are doing so, in a sense, at least if the lucky owners want FSD.

Does anyone have a feature break down of when EAP and FSD diverge? From what I've read EAP will also get enhanced summon. It has navigate on Autopilot. Once you can navigate on Autopilot every where, what can't it do that FSD can?

What do we get in the future for 3/6 grand? That we won't get with EAP?

Does anyone have a feature break down of when EAP and FSD diverge? From what I've read EAP will also get enhanced summon. It has navigate on Autopilot. Once you can navigate on Autopilot every where, what can't it do that FSD can?

HW3 upgrade is one.
Navigate on city streets.
Recognize and respond to stop lights.

From @Troy (use it to look at features, ignore the pricing since it's no longer valid):

kGamnw2.png

A = Autopilot
B = Autopilot to FSD upgrade addition

C = EAP
D = EAP to FSD upgrade

From @Troy (use it to look at features, ignore the pricing since it's no longer valid):

kGamnw2.png

A = Autopilot
B = Autopilot to FSD upgrade addition

C = EAP
D = EAP to FSD upgrade

Oh I see. I thought navigate on AP would work on city streets for EAP when it got rolled out but that's not the case. So basically we get D for 3-6k extra if you already have EAP. I don't think the upgrade is worth it for me at this time.

Does anyone know how much the AP3.0 computer upgrade costs if you don't by the feature? Just parts and labor. The idea being since it has much better processing, it could improve the speed and reliability of the decision making for navigate on autopilot and TACC. If you can get that installed for say 1k total, that might be worth it.

How did you get EAP on your Raven last month?
See my post a couple above yours. There were quite a few people posting here when AP package was new and they noted that they were getting full EAP features. Several of them wondered if Tesla would one day take back those extra features. It looks like the answer is the bonus features haven’t been retracted, but upgrade to FSD will be treated as though they only had the correct AP package.

Obviously AP owners should have to pay a higher amount to get FSD than those who purchased the more feature rich EAP, but who can blame anyone for hoping for another “mistake” by Tesla.

Does anyone know how much the AP3.0 computer upgrade costs if you don't by the feature? Just parts and labor. The idea being since it has much better processing, it could improve the speed and reliability of the decision making for navigate on autopilot and TACC. If you can get that installed for say 1k total, that might be worth it.
Where did you get the idea you can buy HW3 without buying FSD?

Why people pay for vaporware is really confusing to me... Just how many times does Tesla have to be egregiously late with their timelines before people stop handing them money as a reward for it? I wouldn't even remotely consider it until it's actually not vaporware... Since I'm on a lease it's really silly stupid to pay that much for something that may not even exist before my lease is up in 2021...

Jeff
It's not vaporware but it is not ready yet and i agree with you beeing on a lease i would not have bought FSD either.

It's not vaporware but it is not ready yet and i agree with you beeing on a lease i would not have bought FSD either.
Same thing applies to those who purchase cars but trade every three or four years. I bought FSD for both cars during the $2000 sale, but intend to keep them for at least ten years. Even then, I hesitated as I will be shocked if stoplight and stop sign recognition works well before 2020 or later.

Reactions: MXWing
I'd happily pay $6000 if it truly works as described. We can't keep buying into the idea of future promises. I have AP1 car, had AP2, and now AP3. All of them scares the crap out of me going around turns and I end up slamming on the brakes to avoid rear ending someone. I will wait and see how well FSD performs then pony up !