Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP upgrade $5500 until Sept 24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else have an EAP trial turned on in their new M3 delivery? Took delivery in the past week and EAP was activated. I can only assume someone at the SC opted me into the trial, so.... does anyone know how I can tell when it was activated and how many days I have left to play with this feature?
You may want to keep quiet about it. It looks like there are some customers who are receiving a car that had previously been assigned to a different customer. The previous customer had EAP on their order, and it stayed with the vehicle. Tesla may revoke it at some point, but until then enjoy it while it lasts (this is a theory of course, and may be incorrect).

They got me too. Check your credit card statements closely BTW. It looks like they charged me $6574 for the EAP upgrade which doesn't make sense... I'll have to call and wait forever for someone to answer tomorrow.

Quoting my own post... Heh.

Well I finally gave up trying to get anyone at Tesla to respond and just filed a dispute on my credit card. Maybe that will get their attention?

• Funny
Reactions: ebmcs03
I’m still on the fence buying EAP or not before delivery.

Is there a thread or resource that cites the haves and have nots with and without EAP?

Lane departure? The sensors that see all the cars are still working on screen?

Honestly, it’s a real shame that safety features aren’t standard without EAP...

I caved at the last minute and added it before delivery. I'm not on highways that much, but it's nice even on surface roads when you hit heavy traffic.

Good move. If one were to ever contemplate getting EAP AT ANY POINT during the cars ownership, just get it up front.

Less money, and you can finance it at a low interest rate. Silly to slap 6000/7000 on a credit card with a 20% APR and 30 day grace period.

It should be. However, it's currently not terribly useful or reliable. Shoulder looks (and correctly adjusted side mirrors) are still required IMO.
It's working pretty well for me with V9 (42.3). Yesterday while on AP, I told the car to switch lanes, and it detected cars coming up fast in the lane I want to change to. It detected this situation and aborted the lane change 3 times with 3 different cars (people don't like to let other people switch into the lane in front of them). At this point I canceled AP, and just hit the accelerator pedal and merged into traffic myself.

Reactions: CTreast
I find myself canceling EAP often for this very reason. Atl drivers are too jaded and agressive to let text book driving merge lanes. That being said, heavy traffic and interstate travel when I know I'm just going to cruise for a while is where EAP shines.

Good move. If one were to ever contemplate getting EAP AT ANY POINT during the cars ownership, just get it up front.

Less money, and you can finance it at a low interest rate. Silly to slap 6000/7000 on a credit card with a 20% APR and 30 day grace period.

You know Tesla will have sales in the future on this. There will be quarter that Tesla needs cash and will use this as a quick cash grab.