Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early adopters pre-paid service plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any of you early adopters remember if there was an option to purchase an additional 4 years of pre-paid service at the end of the first 4 years (after you bought the first 4 years)? I thought it was an option back in 2013. I do not have a screen capture of the pre-paid service plan page from 2013, but I vaguely remember the pre-paid service plan being broken down into options of purchasing the first 4 years (50000mi), and then purchasing another 4 years (up to 100000mi) when you were close to the end of the first 4 years (or 50000mi).

Right now, I do not see that option. I am only seeing the 4 years I paid for and another option for a total of 8 years, which makes me think that it used to be 4+4. Am I dreaming, or was this always the case?

Do any of you have a screen capture from back in 2013? Tesla is saying I can't pre-pay for an additional 4 years if I didn't buy all 8 years in 2013 … or they want me to show them a screen capture of what I am claiming was the case back in 2013 for early adopters.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 11.31.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 11.31.41 AM.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 74
Do any of you early adopters remember if there was an option to purchase an additional 4 years of pre-paid service at the end of the first 4 years (after you bought the first 4 years)? I thought it was an option back in 2013. I do not have a screen capture of the pre-paid service plan page from 2013, but I vaguely remember the pre-paid service plan being broken down into options of purchasing the first 4 years (50000mi), and then purchasing another 4 years (up to 100000mi) when you were close to the end of the first 4 years (or 50000mi).

Right now, I do not see that option. I am only seeing the 4 years I paid for and another option for a total of 8 years, which makes me think that it used to be 4+4. Am I dreaming, or was this always the case?

Do any of you have a screen capture from back in 2013? Tesla is saying I can't pre-pay for an additional 4 years if I didn't buy all 8 years in 2013 … or they want me to show them a screen capture of what I am claiming was the case back in 2013 for early adopters.

Bought and delivered 2013 and the 4 or 8 years option was only available to purchase then no option after the initial period. That's what I remember.

For anyone that runs into this also, here is a page I found from my service agreement back in 2013 that shows an "additional 4 year" option.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 11.45.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 11.45.34 AM.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 55
How was this resolved? It is ticking me off. I bought in 2012. When I went into MyTesla up until about 6 months ago, I always was offered option to purchase an additional 4 years. Then at some point, that disappeared. Tesla's story now is that you can only opt for additional 4 years within 60 days of purchase. It is OK for them to change policy for new cars, but not right to change for earlier cars without either grandfathering us, or sending us notification that the terms are changing and offering "last call" to buy.

I cannot find anyone at Tesla who can help on this. If any of you have, please advise!

How was this resolved? It is ticking me off. I bought in 2012. When I went into MyTesla up until about 6 months ago, I always was offered option to purchase an additional 4 years. Then at some point, that disappeared. Tesla's story now is that you can only opt for additional 4 years within 60 days of purchase. It is OK for them to change policy for new cars, but not right to change for earlier cars without either grandfathering us, or sending us notification that the terms are changing and offering "last call" to buy.

I cannot find anyone at Tesla who can help on this. If any of you have, please advise!

You need to talk to, and get approval from the Service Manager (people under him/her are of very little help in this matter) at your service center. That is what I did.

...Tesla's story now is that you can only opt for additional 4 years within 60 days of purchase...

When I first asked about the choices of 4 years and additional 4 years, I understood that whatever the choices I make, I had to purchase a service plan within the first 30 days.

I could wait to purchase an Extended Service Agreement any time before the standard warranty would run out (4 years or 50,000 miles.)

However, I've heard cases when owners could still see an option to purchase additional 4 years on their webpages even well after 30 days.