Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Abington services is being upgraded with an additional 8 x V3’s being installed!
IMG_0671.jpeg

Well that's been a busy night for Tesla!

As far as I can tell, Tesla have opened up the following twenty V2 / V3 sites today:
  • Norwich
  • Wyboston
  • London - North Greenwich
  • Dartford
  • Dartford (Service Centre)
  • Sevenoaks
  • Flimwell
  • London - Gatwick
  • Portsmouth
  • Amesbury
  • Bristol - Cribbs Causeway
  • Camborne
  • Exeter - Darts Farm
  • Reading - Katesgrove
  • Reading
  • Oxford - Redbridge
  • Nottingham (Service Centre)
  • Nottingham - Victoria Centre
  • Derby
  • Leeds - Whitehouse Street
In summary there are currently 62 open-to-non-Tesla sites now in the UK. Made up of 47 V2/V3 sites (20 of those opened today) and 15 of V4 sites.

As far as I can tell, Tesla have opened up the following twenty V2 / V3 sites today:
  • Norwich
  • Wyboston
  • Dartford
  • Sevenoaks
  • Flimwell
  • London - Gatwick
  • Portsmouth
  • Amesbury
  • Camborne
  • Exeter - Darts Farm
  • Reading - Katesgrove
  • Reading
  • Oxford - Redbridge
  • Derby
In summary there are currently 62 open-to-non-Tesla sites now in the UK. Made up of 47 V2/V3 sites (20 of those opened today) and 15 of V4 sites.
You are missing Perth & Aberdeen in Scotland, which also opened up today. Only Edinburgh SC & Airport and the Welcome Break sites of Abington & Gretna remain exclusive to Tesla in Scotland now. Surprised they opened up Aberdeen SC (a small and tight site), but not Edinburgh SC (a large, not very busy site).

Reactions: Sean.

• Norwich
  • Wyboston
  • Dartford
  • Sevenoaks
  • Flimwell
  • London - Gatwick
  • Portsmouth
  • Amesbury
  • Camborne
  • Exeter - Darts Farm
  • Reading - Katesgrove
  • Reading
  • Oxford - Redbridge
  • Derby
I wonder what they’ll do when the new law requires contactless payment ? - probably just ignore it.

Cheers @zexpe that's even more extraordinary that Tesla decided at a whim to open all these suddenly. Clearly chasing revenue. Goes with the price cuts we've seen recently.
I don’t really see that being a key driver given that Tesla is still accepted as having the most reasonable pricing structure of any of the rapid charging providers. They could easily increase income by simply raising prices.

Reactions: Oxid8ter

• Norwich
  • Wyboston
  • Dartford
  • Sevenoaks
  • Flimwell
  • London - Gatwick
  • Portsmouth
  • Amesbury
  • Camborne
  • Exeter - Darts Farm
  • Reading - Katesgrove
  • Reading
  • Oxford - Redbridge
  • Derby
I wonder if by Gatwick they mean the 4x SuC at the Gridserve forecourt or the Gatwick SC? Either way, with the SuCs being significantly cheaper than the alternatives, they are going to be even more hammered than they already are with all the cabs.

Reactions: zexpe