Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early M3 buyer - FSD vs enhanced autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

This seems to be confusing me but as a early buyer of the M3, we had “enhanced autopilot”. Obviously that is no more, but where does that start and end?

summon? Smart summon? Navigate on autopilot?

I can live without smart summon but quite like navigate on autopilot.

I'm not sure if this is legit, I googled it:
Can anyone verify?

upload_2020-4-27_14-5-31.png

• Informative
Reactions: EVNation
I'm not sure if this is legit, I googled it:
Can anyone verify?

View attachment 536430
Yup, that's accurate. Only real reason to upgrade to FSD is you get the new AP computer/hardware and maybe FSD functionality that is useful. But EAP includes 99% of FSD today, and probably 90% of what FSD will do in the near future. When the FSD upgrade was on sale for 2600 last year it was arguably a good value to upgrade from EAP, today not so much IMHO.

Reactions: Ol'Blue
I have a 2016 model s with ap and a 2020 model 3 withfsd.

From a day to day experience, both highway and local, I would say the experience is negligible. FSD renders more graphic and does some fancier things on the highway. But it ain't worth 10k upfront if you ask me.

That said, if Elon keeps his promise and it becomes much more, I would be different.

Yup, that's accurate. Only real reason to upgrade to FSD is you get the new AP computer/hardware and maybe FSD functionality that is useful. But EAP includes 99% of FSD today, and probably 90% of what FSD will do in the near future. When the FSD upgrade was on sale for 2600 last year it was arguably a good value to upgrade from EAP, today not so much IMHO.

Agreed - when the upgrade from EAP to FSD was CDN$2,600 that was probably a "good deal" to get you the upgrade hardware and traffic light / stop light recognition and city FSD - at CDN$4,000, I am less inclined to jump on it.