Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ktown.... if you're looking to try and drive a Tesla I'll let you take mine for a rip. And if you're looking for looking for a place to stay in Montreal with your family we have these two apartments... even offer free charging
https://www.flipkey.com/montreal-condo-rentals/p542683/
https://www.flipkey.com/montreal-condo-rentals/p774096/

congrats on your wee lad!

We should be through Kingston Dec 22 or thereabouts...

Lance,

I had the pleasure of driving a P85+ in Toronto last year. That experience changed my life. I was always a "car guy" in my teens and early twenties. As I matured and began focussing on wealth building, expensive cars seemed trivial and a poor investment. So I have been following the recommendation of all investment publications...buy a decent used car, drive it for as long as possible, repeat. Fiscally responsible...check! Soul crushing...check! But, it worked...all our extra cash went to real estate and starting/building our own business instead of car payments...and that's the smart money (nice rentals btw...may take you up on that...LOVE Montreal!). The desire to own a "sweet ride" has been effectively suppressed and rewarded for well over a decade...then along came Tesla.

This car is not trivial, nor a poor investment. This is a purchase you can feel good about, for so many reasons. First of all, the car is amazing...you all know that (more like a spaceship, really). But of greater importance is supporting Tesla's ideology. These guys are changing the world for the better-on a massive scale. What other product or service can you buy today that will give you a better ROI? (Other than the craft beer movement...down with big beer!). My belief is that anyone who CAN afford a Tesla SHOULD buy a Tesla...down with big auto and big oil! They had the chance to do the right thing, but they did not. Even now, they have the chance to work with Tesla, but they are not. They want to see Tesla fail so they can get on with making piles of cash. EVERYONE WHO HAS THE MEANS...BUY A TESLA! You will not regret it and your kids will thank you and think you're a ROCKSTAR! (a socially concious ROCKSTAR!)

This brings me to my "raison d'aller" to Montreal this weekend. I have two brother-in-laws in the market for new vehicles. Both have the resources to buy a Tesla and I have been strongly encouraging them to take a serious look. At the moment, both are leaning towards one ICE or another...one at an Infiniti QX60 or Lexus RX350, the other at an Acura MDX. Both are coming out of SUV's and believe they need SUV's because they have families. Both have significant commutes, one has his own business (write off) and the other has a very generous car allowance...employer willing to gross up allowance in lieu of fuel expense, should he go electric. If I can get them behind the wheel of the Model S, I know they will go with the Model S. If we had a Tesla store in Kingston (which I'm hoping we will...at some point...with service ctr?) the deal would be done. But, these guys are busy with families and a road trip is tough to schedule. Need an "asset lite" position in Eastern and Western Ontario so that test drives are more easily available to busy folks (Tesla-happy to handle East).

Hopefully the Ktown SC is functional soon. Will bring my B-I-L to meet some of you and perhaps a quick spin...maybe by Dec. 22nd...Lance? I want my B-I-L's to be ROCKSTARS to their kids.

Now...on to baby proofing the house...he's on the move! Hope to join the ROCKSTAR club within the next 12 months.

Last edited:
Nobody at the Montreal store knows what's happening with the Kingston transformer. Do I need to become an electrician now too? Maybe we can just McGuiver something for the holidays

Seems like something they should be able to speak to at the local level...surely they've had multiple inquiries from customers in Ontario/Quebec. This should be a top priority for them, as it is to you all.

- - - Updated - - -

Presumably the ball is in the power company's court to hook up electricity? They are usually the cause of delays...
I will make some calls tomorrow.

If Kingston doesn't open this week it looks like I'll have to take my gas car to Ottawa, which totally sucks since I can't stand driving it anymore after having the Model S for a few months.

Port Perry to my destination in Ottawa is 355 km along the shortest route, which is too much of a stretch to do during the winter, so I was hoping to take the 401 / 416 and supercharge in Kingston. That's looking very iffy right about now.

There's a party?

Indeed! My place...once they flip the switch...

photo (17).JPG

Lance,

I had the pleasure of driving a P85+ in Toronto last year. That experience changed my life. I was always a "car guy" in my teens and early twenties. As I matured and began focussing on wealth building, expensive cars seemed trivial and a poor investment. So I have been following the recommendation of all investment publications...buy a decent used car, drive it for as long as possible, repeat. Fiscally responsible...check! Soul crushing...check! But, it worked...all our extra cash went to real estate and starting/building our own business instead of car payments...and that's the smart money (nice rentals btw...may take you up on that...LOVE Montreal!). The desire to own a "sweet ride" has been effectively suppressed and rewarded for well over a decade...then along came Tesla.

This car is not trivial, nor a poor investment. This is a purchase you can feel good about, for so many reasons. First of all, the car is amazing...you all know that (more like a spaceship, really). But of greater importance is supporting Tesla's ideology. These guys are changing the world for the better-on a massive scale. What other product or service can you buy today that will give you a better ROI? (Other than the craft beer movement...down with big beer!). My belief is that anyone who CAN afford a Tesla SHOULD buy a Tesla...down with big auto and big oil! They had the chance to do the right thing, but they did not. Even now, they have the chance to work with Tesla, but they are not. They want to see Tesla fail so they can get on with making piles of cash. EVERYONE WHO HAS THE MEANS...BUY A TESLA! You will not regret it and your kids will thank you and think you're a ROCKSTAR! (a socially concious ROCKSTAR!)

This brings me to my "raison d'aller" to Montreal this weekend. I have two brother-in-laws in the market for new vehicles. Both have the resources to buy a Tesla and I have been strongly encouraging them to take a serious look. At the moment, both are leaning towards one ICE or another...one at an Infiniti QX60 or Lexus RX350, the other at an Acura MDX. Both are coming out of SUV's and believe they need SUV's because they have families. Both have significant commutes, one has his own business (write off) and the other has a very generous car allowance...employer willing to gross up allowance in lieu of fuel expense, should he go electric. If I can get them behind the wheel of the Model S, I know they will go with the Model S. If we had a Tesla store in Kingston (which I'm hoping we will...at some point...with service ctr?) the deal would be done. But, these guys are busy with families and a road trip is tough to schedule. Need an "asset lite" position in Eastern and Western Ontario so that test drives are more easily available to busy folks (Tesla-happy to handle East).

Hopefully the Ktown SC is functional soon. Will bring my B-I-L to meet some of you and perhaps a quick spin...maybe by Dec. 22nd...Lance? I want my B-I-L's to be ROCKSTARS to their kids.

Now...on to baby proofing the house...he's on the move! Hope to join the ROCKSTAR club within the next 12 months.
You and your brother in laws sound a lot like me. I own my own business and have always bought nice cars. However, used, for cash and drove it as long as possible. I always focused more on investments and building wealth as well through properties and stocks (TSLA long here). The more i read about the Model S, Tesla and what it represents the more i want one. Now i'm just trying to bring myself through the thought process of buying new, while hoping a used, demo or service S85D comes around. Second issue is My ICE suv at 12.5L/100 km (premium only) is still alive and kicking with many good years ahead of it.

You and your brother in laws sound a lot like me. I own my own business and have always bought nice cars. However, used, for cash and drove it as long as possible. I always focused more on investments and building wealth as well through properties and stocks (TSLA long here). The more i read about the Model S, Tesla and what it represents the more i want one. Now i'm just trying to bring myself through the thought process of buying new, while hoping a used, demo or service S85D comes around. Second issue is My ICE suv at 12.5L/100 km (premium only) is still alive and kicking with many good years ahead of it.

Sitter,

Anyone who CAN afford a Tesla SHOULD buy a Tesla.

You deserve it...and you will be helping to save the planet. Should be a decent market for giant SUV's right now...low fuel prices, winter, Christmas! (You sound like me btw...used to have one of those). Test the market...if you have takers, you know what to do ;)

The Best Western in Barrie has a Sun Country 90 or 100 amp Level II charge station (I used it in my Roadster)...nice people there, easy to find, all went well...

Some positive news on Barrie!

I got an email from my DS - who had the misfortune of being on the receiving end of my grumbles when I heard that Barrie was being delayed until after Woodstock.

Apparently, as soon as Kingston is operational (a day or 2 was what he said), they are going to be constructing both Barrie and Woodstock simultaneously. I'm not sure how that works - if they have 2 different contractors? In any case that's really positive news. I was really not looking forward to the conversation with my wife, where I would explain to her that we had a 6 figure car that we couldn't practically drive to Toronto. :biggrin:

I take back my grumbles about Tesla!

Some positive news on Barrie!

I got an email from my DS - who had the misfortune of being on the receiving end of my grumbles when I heard that Barrie was being delayed until after Woodstock.

Apparently, as soon as Kingston is operational (a day or 2 was what he said), they are going to be constructing both Barrie and Woodstock simultaneously. I'm not sure how that works - if they have 2 different contractors? In any case that's really positive news. I was really not looking forward to the conversation with my wife, where I would explain to her that we had a 6 figure car that we couldn't practically drive to Toronto. :biggrin:

I take back my grumbles about Tesla!

A day or two eh? I'll see it when I believe it. I hope your DS isn't feeding you BS to keep you hopes up. I cannot find any credible information as to the hang up in this situation except to say that we'll see and the worst case scenario is that it's live middle of January, after the Xmas rush

A day or two for Kingston ... man, they must KNOW I'm planning to swing over to Ottawa this weekend and are planning to make my decision as stressful as possible. I am not booking a hotel (and therefore admitting I need to take my ICE) until Friday. I drive out there Saturday morning.

Crossing my fingers.