Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's heavy duty electrical gear, but does not look like any Supercharger equipment that I have seen. Something more may be coming, but this looks like a false alarm to me.

I checked kingston site again the other day. Doesn't look much different, 2nd building has beams up, they are nowhere near paving stage. Box shown in pic I've seen too but I don't believe it to be SC related either. I'm guessing the SC will go at this site, but it will be Nov/Dec by the time its open. By the time they find another site and get permitting it would be close to that timeframe anyway. It really is a perfect spot from the sketches I have seen of the finished shopping area. Anything you could need or want to eat within a 0-5 min walk.

Took a leap of faith.....Put down a Model X reservation.. Here's to hoping we'll be able to tow a ski boat from Toronto to Muskoka. I still don't know if the X will have towing capacity, what its range will be with a boat and if there will be more than 1 supercharger between Toronto and North Bay.

Tesla, you can do it! And if you have any extra time...how about an electric ski boat?

Tesla, you can do it! And if you have any extra time...how about an electric ski boat?

Our Quebec Tesla Club just recently had an event where we tested out electric boats from a Quebec company that designs the complete propulsion/battery system and currently retrofits existing boats (they are working with boat manufacturers to have the option to factory install). It was quite a lot of fun and boy do those boats have torque. Pulled skiers no problem and they didn't have to inhale fumes!. Sorry, descriptions of the net on the web page are in French.

Club Tesla Qubec

In case it's unclear, all 8 Toronto Supercharger stalls appear to be working. Below is a photo of a dash from last night showing the charging rate at the high end of battery charge. Two other cars were charging simultaneously; I didn't note their stall numbers or mine this time. (It should matter, although Tesla T-O has implied that it doesn't. Any comment?)

(It's a little odd to pull into "home" with that km reading, but it can't be faked . . . )

car 2014-09-12.jpg

Maybe just at the low end of the battery? As the charge tapers, does it have enough juice to charge two cars just as fast as if there was only one?

Sure. Let's say we have a 135 kW Supercharger. If a very low car comes up and plugs in, they immediately get up to 90kW or 120kW depending on whether the car has an A battery (like me). Let's say it's a B battery and they get the full 120 kW.

If a second car pulls up to the same charger then they get whatever is left over - I guess it could be as little as 15 kW. The first car will start tapering very soon, and as it does power starts to build in the second car. I suppose it won't make a huge difference in the total charging time, but it certainly will make a measurable difference.

If the first car isn't on fumes, then the difference might not be that noticeable.

Earlier on I mentioned that Tesla T-O said it doesn't matter which bay you're in because concurrent usage in *any* bay would drop kW going in in any other. That's the sense in which I meant the reference to "it doesn't matter."

No corroboration yet on that point, which seems incorrect.

We would like to thank publicly Doug and Peter in Ottawa for all their advice about our upcoming "S".

We expected to receive our car in mid-October but suddenly last week delivery date was advanced a month! Our car will be delivered to us in Ottawa on Sunday! Can't wait. We hope that we remember all the tips and advice from Doug and Peter. Ordered the fob covers, thanks to Peter.

We would like to thank publicly Doug and Peter in Ottawa for all their advice about our upcoming "S".

We expected to receive our car in mid-October but suddenly last week delivery date was advanced a month! Our car will be delivered to us in Ottawa on Sunday! Can't wait. We hope that we remember all the tips and advice from Doug and Peter. Ordered the fob covers, thanks to Peter.

Wow that must have been a nice surprise....what options did you go with? And what are these fob covers?

Wow! My MS is due Oct. 27. Perhaps it will get moved up, too. Not counting on it, but I can hope.

Wow that must have been a nice surprise....what options did you go with? And what are these fob covers?

Thanks to Peter-M, he put me in touch with site on TMC that sells fob covers for Tesla "keys". Site I used is listed below. Just go to info bar and type "fob covers" - search until you see site with info listed below. I also purchased my screen saver here as well. I preferred the deluxe fob model as it seems to offer more protection for the key and the deluxe fob cover may not wear out on edges as quickly as the classic model.

Where it says click "here" on actual site takes u to pictures of different fobs.

Hope this helps.

"

Key Fob Cover (aka FobPocket) - How To Order
(Updated November 28) I've updated this post with simpler instructions on how to order.

There's two versions of the FobPocket, the Classic, and Deluxe.

The Classics come in Grey, Black and Red, and can be ordered here. They are the same design I've had since I moved to a more sculpted fit that matched the Model S key, unlike the Case Logic design. Based on feedback, the dimensions have been tweaked very slightly, and the hole has been moved down a couple of mm. This provides a very snug, and secure fit, and is ideal if you want a low-profile way of protecting your key, and do not need to remove it very often. The stock on the Classics is currently limited as I'm working on sourcing from another supplier.

The Deluxe editions come in Sig Red, White, Perf Black, Blue, Camo, Green, Black 'n' White and Tie-dye, and can be ordered here. These feature a trim around the edge of the FobPocket, and a carabiner key hook. These are not quite as compact as the Classic edition, but the edging makes for a tidier look and provides additional protection.

Other Info:

First-class shipping to US locations is still free, and if you spend more than $45, then there's a free upgrade to Priority Mail. For all other locations, shipping is at cost, it's not my goal to make any profit from shipping
If you have any questions, please PM me, or from the email address on the 'About Us' page.
I send out an occasional newsletter with updates, if you'd like to subscribe, here's the link. You can view the most recent, and previous newsletter here.
I'm adding other accessories that I think are useful, including USB rotators and a 3.1amp fast USB charging adaptor to help charge phones and tablets faster than the built-in USB ports. I've got a couple of other very cool accessories coming, hopefully in time for Christmas, so if you want to stay up to date, please subscribe to the newsletter.

Thanks again, Pete"

Last edited by pete8314; 2013-11-28 at 10:23 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

standard 85; pana roof; red with grey interior; matt obesche trim; tech package; smart suspension; interior lighting; parking sensors; dual chargers; supercharger capability; sub zero package plus standard features.

Thanks to Peter-M, he put me in touch with site on TMC that sells fob covers for Tesla "keys". Site I used is listed below. Just go to info bar and type "fob covers" - search until you see site with info listed below. I also purchased my screen saver here as well. I preferred the deluxe fob model as it seems to offer more protection for the key and the deluxe fob cover may not wear out on edges as quickly as the classic model.

Where it says click "here" on actual site takes u to pictures of different fobs.

Hope this helps.

"

Key Fob Cover (aka FobPocket) - How To Order
(Updated November 28) I've updated this post with simpler instructions on how to order.

There's two versions of the FobPocket, the Classic, and Deluxe.

The Classics come in Grey, Black and Red, and can be ordered here. They are the same design I've had since I moved to a more sculpted fit that matched the Model S key, unlike the Case Logic design. Based on feedback, the dimensions have been tweaked very slightly, and the hole has been moved down a couple of mm. This provides a very snug, and secure fit, and is ideal if you want a low-profile way of protecting your key, and do not need to remove it very often. The stock on the Classics is currently limited as I'm working on sourcing from another supplier.

The Deluxe editions come in Sig Red, White, Perf Black, Blue, Camo, Green, Black 'n' White and Tie-dye, and can be ordered here. These feature a trim around the edge of the FobPocket, and a carabiner key hook. These are not quite as compact as the Classic edition, but the edging makes for a tidier look and provides additional protection.

Other Info:

First-class shipping to US locations is still free, and if you spend more than $45, then there's a free upgrade to Priority Mail. For all other locations, shipping is at cost, it's not my goal to make any profit from shipping
If you have any questions, please PM me, or from the email address on the 'About Us' page.
I send out an occasional newsletter with updates, if you'd like to subscribe, here's the link. You can view the most recent, and previous newsletter here.
I'm adding other accessories that I think are useful, including USB rotators and a 3.1amp fast USB charging adaptor to help charge phones and tablets faster than the built-in USB ports. I've got a couple of other very cool accessories coming, hopefully in time for Christmas, so if you want to stay up to date, please subscribe to the newsletter.

Thanks again, Pete"

Last edited by pete8314; 2013-11-28 at 10:23 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

standard 85; pana roof; red with grey interior; matt obesche trim; tech package; smart suspension; interior lighting; parking sensors; dual chargers; supercharger capability; sub zero package plus standard features.

Learing to use system. Could have saved a lot of time if I had just given (Abstract Ocean) to check.

***Kingston Update***
Just got an email from my Kingston Economic Development Corporation contact who had been on holidays till yesterday....
Planning has been submitted to have the Kingston SC across the road at the Phase 1 area of Kings Crossing Shopping center. This is the outlet area that has a Boston Pizza and a hotel. Also adjacent to Pizza Hut, Swiss Chalet, KFC, Taco Bell, Wendys, and Dairy Queen. Walking distance to McDonalds, Harvey's, Tim Horton's, Canadian Tire, No Frills, Shoppers Drug, Dollar Store, Dominos Pizza, Mr. Sub, Arbys, Subway, and of course just across the street from Phase 2 which will have Paneros, and more shopping. She said timing is the issue and Phase 2 will not be completed when Tesla wants the SC done.

Great news! Hopefully I can report activity in the coming weeks!!!

***Kingston Update***
Just got an email from my Kingston Economic Development Corporation contact who had been on holidays till yesterday....
Planning has been submitted to have the Kingston SC across the road at the Phase 1 area of Kings Crossing Shopping center. This is the outlet area that has a Boston Pizza and a hotel. Also adjacent to Pizza Hut, Swiss Chalet, KFC, Taco Bell, Wendys, and Dairy Queen. Walking distance to McDonalds, Harvey's, Tim Horton's, Canadian Tire, No Frills, Shoppers Drug, Dollar Store, Dominos Pizza, Mr. Sub, Arbys, Subway, and of course just across the street from Phase 2 which will have Paneros, and more shopping. She said timing is the issue and Phase 2 will not be completed when Tesla wants the SC done.

Great news! Hopefully I can report activity in the coming weeks!!!

I personally expected something like that. Great news, thanks for sharing!!