Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! I left my car at the Montreal service center yesterday. As I check my app, it's i dictating to me that the car is charging at 296km/h. Looks like they're up and running but then again the location of the car doesn't coincide with the supercharger location. Would they have a secret supercharger in the back for maintenance use?

I've found that while the car is in for service, the app might not give you exactly the correct location. Witness this case when the car was in the Mississauga Service Centre :biggrin::

IMG_0314.jpg

haha good point. The one opening in barrie is fantastic and will solve a lot of problems. i noticed a new level 3 charger off the 400 also which is pretty great! espcially with that chademo to tesla adaptor coming!

Speaking of CHAdeMO, I noticed on Tesla's revamped website that they now list the CHAdeMO adapter in the Model S Charging & Adapters section. The good news is the price is only $450; the bad news is its availability is only "coming soon", not actually purchasable yet. Some may argue $450 is a lot, but it's less than the Mobile Connector ($650) and the HPWC ($750). And considering earlier mentions of it had suggested it might be $1000, I'll happily fork over $450 for one as soon as they become available. Still haven't decided about adding a second charger ($3600).

Just a guess - but an educated one - they're having trouble making it work with all available charging stations.

Charging station standards are still a bit immature. Even the simple-minded J1772 protocol has all kinds of compatibility problems. Plus Chademo isn't exactly a fantastic standard.

Just a guess - but an educated one - they're having trouble making it work with all available charging stations.

Charging station standards are still a bit immature. Even the simple-minded J1772 protocol has all kinds of compatibility problems. Plus Chademo isn't exactly a fantastic standard.

What % of success rate would be acceptable for release? Assuming holes in the CHAdeMO standard mean you can never get 100%.

Kingston Update
I spoke with couple of representatives of Utilities Kingston last night at the Plug'n Drive EV 10,000 event. They were (as reflected by their attendance at this event) supporters of EVs and were somewhat familiar with the Tesla Supercharger situation. Consistent with explanations above, it was their understanding that the transformer and metering system had not been ordered when required, was currently being fabricated and was not expected to be delivered for a few weeks. Based on this information, a February date remains the best bet. They thought, however, that some interim steps were being taken by Tesla to provide some charging facilities pending the completion of the Supercharger installation.

Kingston Update
I spoke with couple of representatives of Utilities Kingston last night at the Plug'n Drive EV 10,000 event. They were (as reflected by their attendance at this event) supporters of EVs and were somewhat familiar with the Tesla Supercharger situation. Consistent with explanations above, it was their understanding that the transformer and metering system had not been ordered when required, was currently being fabricated and was not expected to be delivered for a few weeks. Based on this information, a February date remains the best bet. They thought, however, that some interim steps were being taken by Tesla to provide some charging facilities pending the completion of the Supercharger installation.

Sounds all pretty true except the last sentence. Sounds like one of those throwaway lines one could use to stop the line of questioning to which answers remain scarce.

So long as the Tesla site is operation by March break... first it was Easter last year, then end of school then mid-summer, then back to school,, thanksgiving and Xmas... they were are occasions for which I held out hope the station would be operational. So once we get to easter again I'll really start complaining....

They've been doing this for a few years now with CIRCUIT ELECTRIQUE but they charge $2.50 a charge and its only 30 amps.

Quite useless actually. I was able to plug in overnight while staying at a nearby motel but did not like the idea of leaving the car there overnight with no lights on at the restaurant. They turn the lights off at 11pm.

Hopefully the MONTREAL SC will be operational by EASTER !

Last edited:

Hasn't CHAdeMO been in use in Japan for something like the past ten years? One would think they'd have worked out the kinks by now.

They've been doing this for a few years now with CIRCUIT ELECTRIQUE but they charge $2.50 a charge and its only 30 amps.

Quite useless actually. I was able to plug in overnight while staying at a nearby motel but did not like the idea of leaving the car there overnight with no lights on at the restaurant. They turn the lights off at 11pm.

For context, the original reply was "old news". It has sense been edited to what you see above. My response made no sense without pointing that out.

Wow! I left my car at the Montreal service center yesterday. As I check my app, it's i dictating to me that the car is charging at 296km/h. Looks like they're up and running but then again the location of the car doesn't coincide with the supercharger location. Would they have a secret supercharger in the back for maintenance use?

I was just at the Montreal Tesla store today to drop off a UMC they lent me after my collision jailed mine in my frunk.

I can confirm that there is an operational supercharger in the service area (back of the garage), which is what your car was plugged into Agloutney. Good deduction !

A temporary main power hookup has to be switched over to the permanent one. The public stalls, from my source, should be operational in "a few days", at which point all the HPWCs will be set to 80A.

I hope I get my car back soon from the body shop to try it out... not much I can do but wait... :crying: