Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a new location on PlugShare today at Queens Quay Parking Lot which had 20 Tesla chargers and 6 Universal chargers. These are probably not Superchargers but the location would seem like a good one to use for one.

Reactions: Lex
Here is the photo of the Universal chargers it seems - no other photos yet
4319E09C-48FB-4F62-B065-A7BC1D0D566F.png

Reactions: Lex
Exciting news for the Maritimes. Talk about being at the right place at the right time..... I was using the CHAdeMO charger in Aulac at the Irving Big Stop, when a very nice gentleman asked me whether this was a Tesla and if it was then I likely would be interested that he was there to break ground for the first Tesla Supercharger in the Maritimes! WHAT? WHAT???!!!! Oh by the way, I happen to be here to start the construction of Supercharger Stalls????!!!!! True story. He also mentioned that his company also has a contract to install them in Enfield at the Irving at the airport.

So it begins! FINALLY! And YAY. Here are some pictures pre-ground breaking!
img_20180528_120832-jpg.304830

Exciting news for the Maritimes. Talk about being at the right place at the right time..... I was using the CHAdeMO charger in Aulac at the Irving Big Stop, when a very nice gentleman asked me whether this was a Tesla and if it was then I likely would be interested that he was there to break ground for the first Tesla Supercharger in the Maritimes! WHAT? WHAT???!!!! Oh by the way, I happen to be here to start the construction of Supercharger Stalls????!!!!! True story. He also mentioned that his company also has a contract to install them in Enfield at the Irving at the airport.

So it begins! FINALLY! And YAY. Here are some pictures pre-ground breaking!
img_20180528_120832-jpg.304830
Pictures not showing for me. Where is this? Aulac?

Wow. Amazing how one tweet can steer the Elon ship sometimes.
I don't think that Elon's tweet had anything to do with this. There are vendors that have been contracted and also contracts with the companies that own the parking lots and power utilities too in order to get the construction permitting process going. Somehow some big iron transformers need to show up to make all this work!
I think this new roll out has been in the planning stages for a very very long time. I doubt Elon had anything to do with it and likely didn't even know about it until he looked at a map himself. Based on my conversations there has been ongoing conversations and vendor selection going on for a very long time.