Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Barrie will likely be the next site entering construction in Eastern Canada. Our plans are with the City for final approval, and we already have a contractor selected. Any local owner support here is welcomed as the review has taken longer than expected.

Do they not consider Drummondville to be part of Eastern Canada, or have they given up on Quebec? The city there supposedly has already approved everything, so the Drummondville timetable should be ahead of Barrie's.

A SC in Windsor would certainly help us getting into the U.S. Last time I went to Chicago, I had to sleep over in Windsor while my car charged overnight. From Windsor, getting to Angola or Maumee is easy, and then the U.S. SC are well placed.

Today I noticed on the Tesla Find Us map that a service center is "coming soon" to Detroit. The map also shows the Atheneum Suite Hotel in Detroit has an 80A HPWC with two connectors. Would Tesla really build a service center without including at least one or two superchargers, if not the usual six or eight?

Today I noticed on the Tesla Find Us map that a service center is "coming soon" to Detroit. The map also shows the Atheneum Suite Hotel in Detroit has an 80A HPWC with two connectors. Would Tesla really build a service center without including at least one or two superchargers, if not the usual six or eight?

That service center has been "coming soon" for the better part of two years now. Michigan law prohibits any manufacturer from operating a service center that services anything other than their own fleet vehicles (or having their own store, for that matter).

Kingston updated pics...phase 1 complete.

photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

The complete silence about Drummondville is getting seriously old...

Is it because people are afraid of aggravating and slowing down an already stuck process? Is there a way we could put pressure on HQ publicly to expose what their problem is with the project? I don't understand the secrecy and hush-hush nature of the dissemination of any information ... or lack of.

How can it help to keep it private?

is the first picture just a 180 deg shot from the same location as the second pic?

Keep 'em coming!
Pretty much, yes.

I am impressed at how quick and efficient these guys operated. No messing around and still on site at 4:30pm on a Friday! I'm guessing phase 2 is scheduled for Monday morning. I believe Tesla has mandated expediency. Kingston is arguably one of the most important SC links in North America, enabling travel between Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal. Oh, ya...and Elon spent some time here a few years back. Happy and proud to have a Tesla SC in my hometown. Kingston is a great town.

Pretty much, yes.

I am impressed at how quick and efficient these guys operated. No messing around and still on site at 4:30pm on a Friday! I'm guessing phase 2 is scheduled for Monday morning. I believe Tesla has mandated expediency. Kingston is arguably one of the most important SC links in North America, enabling travel between Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal. Oh, ya...and Elon spent some time here a few years back. Happy and proud to have a Tesla SC in my hometown. Kingston is a great town.

Yes, Kingston does rock! I've been here my whole life, great city. Influx of 10,000 female students age 18-25 every year doesn't hurt either. Elon said that was the main reason he chose Queens University over other schools, lol.