Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Montreal service center yesterday. The high-power wall connectors are still limited to 40 A. The superchargers were not activated. Apparently, there are superchargers inside the service bay for the technicians in addition to the ones that are outside for public use.

Confirm that the MTL SuperCharger are functional ! I've also testes the HPWC and they have been switch to 80amp giving 16kW (I would have installed a 240volt transformer at their place, but I guess with the SuperCharger next to it, it not of a big use.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the picture of the SuperCharger inside the Montreal Service center.
If the outside SuperCharger are busy, they will let owner charge their car inside during open hours. The outside charger are 24/7 of course !
IMG_20150122_230315.jpg

It an interesting configuration. Allow to switch charging between car without having to move them which I think it useful for service.

Confirm that the MTL SuperCharger are functional ! I've also testes the HPWC and they have been switch to 80amp giving 16kW (I would have installed a 240volt transformer at their place, but I guess with the SuperCharger next to it, it not of a big use.

- - - Updated - - -

If the outside SuperCharger are busy, they will let owner charge their car inside during open hours. The outside charger are 24/7 of course !
View attachment 70053
It an interesting configuration. Allow to switch charging between car without having to move them which I think it useful for service.

Very interesting! This is the first time that I have seen a Supercharger Cabinet without pedestals. The direct connect cables are also much longer than the cables on a pedestal. As you say, useful for service.

If the outside [Montreal] SuperCharger are busy, they will let owner charge their car inside during open hours. The outside charger are 24/7 of course !

Listed hours are M-F 9-7. Quebec law may not allow them to be open on Sunday. Saturday is listed as "By appointment," but this may just be for the store. I'm not sure if the service bay would ever be open then.

That only works for us die-hard early adopters. The Superchargers are an absolute necessity to get your average (Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus) car buyers out of their gas mobiles and into Teslas.

I agree. Superchargers will become more and more important as Tesla expands their fleet.

I just wanted to clarify that it is possible to charge out on the road without Supercharger coverage (though much less convenient). Many owners are still under the impression that without Superchargers they cannot travel.

Is this a full-power Supercharger stall? It seems like the cables and wires are less beefy that their outdoor counterparts.

Haha...it looks like your car is hooked up to a beer fridge!...:biggrin:

...wonder if I can get one of those fer ma garage?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 70053

I think the Burlington one is still a little "up in the air"...there will be one installed, but probably in conjunction with where ever they move the Mississauga Service Center to...Hamilton / Burlington / Oakville...hopefully we will know soon.

Doesn't the 2015 Map show Burlington and the 2016 Map show North Bay, Sudbury, Ottawa and Huntsville. (I am taking other to mean other than the three that are currently open and the two that Jgdixon mentions).

I think the Burlington one is still a little "up in the air"...there will be one installed, but probably in conjunction with where ever they move the Mississauga Service Center to...Hamilton / Burlington / Oakville...hopefully we will know soon.
I think the logical spot would be by Plains Rd / Brant St which is pretty much at the junction of QEW, 403 & 407. Maybe by the Ikea or on the other side of the QEW closer to Mapleview. It would also be another option on a Toronto to London trip for those taking QEW/403 rather than 401.