Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doug's suggestion makes perfect sense when the SuperCharger is not out of your way. If you have to waste 5 minutes each way (getting to SC and back to your route) then the 10 minutes total might be best used charging up for some extra time and skipping a charger. But if you're literally 2 minutes out of the way I agree with his thesis. You can drive faster and charge super fast when you hit the charge nearly empty.

I've had to drive ten minutes out of my way to get to a low-power Level II charger because my preferred one was ICEd. It took almost an hour to recover the distance used getting to the charger...

I'll go out of my way for a Supercharger, unless I can get to my destination directly and there's some place to charge at my destination.

It's a 5 hour difference, so 10 hours both ways. I'm very seriously considering dropping my plans to take the Model S this year, ..

Extra time in the Model S, and you're complaining?!? :)

In my case I was not in a rush, but... I'm sorry, I have to laugh at 10 hours extra. I drove to Quebec city from Vancouver last summer. Via Los Angeles. (Barstow, to be exact). 17000 km for the whole trip. I loved it.

Extra time in the Model S, and you're complaining?!? :)

In my case I was not in a rush, but... I'm sorry, I have to laugh at 10 hours extra. I drove to Quebec city from Vancouver last summer. Via Los Angeles. (Barstow, to be exact). 17000 km for the whole trip. I loved it.

Personally, I hate each time I had to do the Montreal - Florida trip by car with my parents (in my childhood) but just because of Tesla, I'm excited to do it instead of just taking the plane... I think the whole experience is just enticing...

Personally, I hate each time I had to do the Montreal - Florida trip by car with my parents (in my childhood) but just because of Tesla, I'm excited to do it instead of just taking the plane... I think the whole experience is just enticing...

As as an adult I agree. But how would you feel if you were still a kid? I have two daughters who will be asking me how much longer. If my wife and I were on this trip solo with less time restriction, no issue. But it's march break. We are there perhaps 10 days. I'd rather have 10 extra hours at the destination than in the car.

With the advent of portable devices, kids today have a lot more entertainment options during a long drive than we did. They can watch videos, text their friends, browse the web, play games... things they do normally every day. We were stuck with some coloring books and comics.

Slim to none. But you can dream. The transformer also has to get installed and turned on and Tesla has some process that has to happen.

Actually the only real possibility is if it's already under construction using some other crew and we just don't know about it.

Just hope its not the same type of debacle as we witnessed in Kingston and even that situation is not resolved.
Totally unacceptable!
Having 2 units at the back of the building as temporary is better than nothing, but the 6 units still un powered should have been operational last summer.

Just hope its not the same type of debacle as we witnessed in Kingston....

Stuff happens. This is why Tesla avoids making specific promises regarding opening dates. In the aggregate they can guess that they'll have many SuperCharger sites going operational, but on some they'll run into trouble and they'll be delayed or maybe never happen at all. Such is life. Unfortunately all this great information you all dig up sometimes leads to people being disappointed.

I spoke to the Tesla rep in Barrie last weekend and it is his expectation that the Comber Supercharger should be up within a "couple of weeks", and operating by the end of the month - but no commitment!

Updates with pictures would be much appreciated.

I will stop by on February 19th and upload pictures.

Does anyone have any advice on which border crossing is the fastest? Any particular time of day to seek or avoid? After Comber I will driving to the Supercharger in Maumee, Ohio.

I will stop by on February 19th and upload pictures.

Does anyone have any advice on which border crossing is the fastest? Any particular time of day to seek or avoid? After Comber I will driving to the Supercharger in Maumee, Ohio.

I will be close behind you. I am driving through Chicago to Wisconsin on the 23rd. C'mon Comber! Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!!!

First time poster, long time lurker. I've found the Syracuse Supercharging Location. Spoke to the construction guy, he had just finished Utica. Not much to do, lots of hotels, Tim Hortons, Taco Bell. It's a stones throw from the thruway toll booths. 8 stalls, they had some issues digging with the frozen ground, probably the reason it's taking longer than expected. See attached photos...

Dropbox - TeslaSCSyracuse

Ordering an S85D "soon"....

This was info from Syracuse site by KICKIN showing status of Syracuse. Go to site and u can see all the photos in Dropbox.