Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if someone already posted this, but the two HPWCs at the Brookstreet Hotel in Ottawa now run at 80A. I dropped by and tried them out today. And the 4 spots (two for HPWC and two for Chargepoint 30A) have signs overhead, so there was no ICEing today.

An interesting note on this: if you charge at an HPWC that's set to 40A, your car will remember that the limit was 40A and stick to that even if the HPWCs are changed to run at 80A. All it takes to fix it is upping the current limit in the charging page, but it doesn't automatically go up to the max in this situation.

I 've seen both the front and service Supercharger cabinets in Montreal pump out the full 135 kW combined to their stalls.

The Kingston parking lines are misaligned. If you center your car based on them, you have to pull the cable back a foot or two to plug-in. This could be difficult when it's -20C and prematurely age the cords.

I 've seen both the front and service Supercharger cabinets in Montreal pump out the full 135 kW combined to their stalls.

You have a C pack battery right? I only had 116-117 kw when it opened... stuck at 58-59 kw as mentioned before for the last 3 weeks... I'll ask Kathy next time if I can go try the inside SC...

- - - Updated - - -

Depeche Mode, yes, during business hours you can ask to go inside to charge.

thanks!

Hey folks, I just got an email blast from the mothership that Kingston is officially open now... ;)

I'm pretty surprised there's not more celebration...Montreal/Ottawa-Toronto complete...no party?

This is real progress...even if significantly delayed. A shout out to the SC team is in order, IMO.

Happy to see several Model S's in Kingston over the last week.

Go TESLA!

- - - Updated - - -

In addition: Thanks to all of you have invested in Tesla. They are a game changer...can't wait to see what plays out. Love disruptive companies!

I'm pretty surprised there's not more celebration...Montreal/Ottawa-Toronto complete...no party?

This is real progress...even if significantly delayed. A shout out to the SC team is in order, IMO.

Happy to see several Model S's in Kingston over the last week.

Go TESLA!

- - - Updated - - -

In addition: Thanks to all of you have invested in Tesla. They are a game changer...can't wait to see what plays out. Love disruptive companies!

What do you mean by Ottawa? There re no SC's in or near Ottawa.

Will checking this thread more often get the Comber supercharger ready faster? I now have a trip to Windsor in April.

It did not help me three weeks ago for my trip to Wisconsin. I checked frequently for my drive there and back and I didn't even make a dent in Comber production. Pfft...

I got to use Kingston and Cornwall for the first time. Cornwall was my final destination yesterday so, it worked for me... but, it still befuddles me that this was the first Supercharger in Canada.

Kingston is going to be a busy hub. One Tesla in the hotel parking lot, another just leaving the charger and mine plugged in overnight (bad form I know but, I was exhausted and did not wake to move it at 2am).

It did not help me three weeks ago for my trip to Wisconsin. I checked frequently for my drive there and back and I didn't even make a dent in Comber production. Pfft...

I got to use Kingston and Cornwall for the first time.
Cornwall was my final destination yesterday so, it worked for me... but, it still befuddles me that this was the first Supercharger in Canada.

Kingston is going to be a busy hub. One Tesla in the hotel parking lot, another just leaving the charger and mine plugged in overnight (bad form I know but, I was exhausted and did not wake to move it at 2am).

Cornwall was NOT the first SC in Canada! It was the first in Eastern Canada. Squamish BC was the first to open in Canada last summer!

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. And, Airwolf: in Supercharger terms, there is a Supercharger near Ottawa. Kingston is only 180 km away (200 km via 416). Montreal is only 200 km away. You don't have to have a charger in the city to be served by the network.

PoweredbyRain, I don't agree with you. What are we supposed to do when we get to our destination city then?
Chances are the hotel you want to go to doesn't have charging capabilities.
In your view then, we could eliminate the Toronto SC charger station completely then as would be the case with all the SC's in the big cities in the States such as NY, Chicago, LA, etc.
It still befuddles me, however, why there are lots of SC's in Connecticut and southern California only 10 miles apart from each other. Talk about redundancy!
We need one in Napanee, On. now to complete the Toronto-Kingston route comfortably.