Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped in Kingston today and got up to 564 km/h charging.
Great! Half hour dinner at Biston Pizza and I was good to go.
Didnt care for the loud volume of a U.S. college Basketball game when I would have preferred hockey.
The bartender even refused to turn it down.
Needless to say, I didn't leave much of a tip.

The charging stations are right at the partially sheltered entrance to the hotel. They're not in an underground garage. You can see photos on Plugshare. Maybe they mean the valet will plugin your car, then move it to a garage when it's fully charged.

I'm not seeing the option for photos at the ALT chargers?
ALT HOTEL - MONTRÉAL GRIFFINTOWN | Montréal, QC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

And Thanks Depeche Mode for correcting me that it's $23 a night for parking ONLY.

I'm not seeing the option for photos at the ALT chargers?
ALT HOTEL - MONTRÉAL GRIFFINTOWN | Montréal, QC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

And Thanks Depeche Mode for correcting me that it's $23 a night for parking ONLY.

The Montréal Alt Hotel just opened couple weeks ago so that's why there's no picture yet... My house is around 400 meters from there and I would gladly go take pictures of it but it would be strange for the hotel staff to see me to go actually take pictures while I'm not a real customer... I'm surprised though that the ALT Hotels staff that they didn't put any on Plugshare (Le Groupe Hotels Germain's owner has a Model S)...

ALT Hotel in Brossard (at Quartier 10/30) has also HPWC... here are some pics:

ALT Hôtel Brossard Quartier Dix30 | Brossard, QC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Last edited:
It was even busier before that! All stalls being used and a 7th car came in as I was pulling out. Nice day for a road trip :smile:

View attachment 76898

That's me by the blue Model S! Yes, it was a nice day, everybody was cheerful and saying hi to each other. This was my first road trip day, after picking up the car only a week ago, so it was a very good first experience.

That's me by the blue Model S! Yes, it was a nice day, everybody was cheerful and saying hi to each other. This was my first road trip day, after picking up the car only a week ago, so it was a very good first experience.

Too bad I was eating and missed all of you LOL; also I missed taking a pic of a fully utilized SC!

It was a really nice day! It was my first road trip that required a recharge midway. I was able to drive my S60 at 120KM/h to the Toronto SC with 15KM left, and I left with around 93% charge. Not to mentioned my car was loaded with stuff and it was a bit windy.

There was us plus 3 others at the Kingston SC today, plus one more just leaving as we arrived. This SC location is getting well used! I haven't seen any ICEing yet, and the parking lot was pretty busy.

And a tip: If you park next to the fenced enclosure, let your passengers out first - the bollards are pretty close.

IMG_0862.jpg

There was us plus 3 others at the Kingston SC today, plus one more just leaving as we arrived. This SC location is getting well used! I haven't seen any ICEing yet, and the parking lot was pretty busy.

And a tip: If you park next to the fenced enclosure, let your passengers out first - the bollards are pretty close.

View attachment 77108

Sorry I missed all you guys on the weekend....I enjoy talking to other owners while SCing.

I like how they organized the Kingston setup so the paired stalls face each other...makes it really easy when pulling in to just not face another car if possible to maximize charging speed.

Off topic, but going into Montreal (Bell Centre) from the 401, is it better to take the 20 or the 40? Distance looks roughly the same, hoping to avoid traffic and potholes if one is better than the other. Travel will be on the weekend during the day. Thanks!

Sorry I missed all you guys on the weekend....I enjoy talking to other owners while SCing.

I like how they organized the Kingston setup so the paired stalls face each other...makes it really easy when pulling in to just not face another car if possible to maximize charging speed.

Off topic, but going into Montreal (Bell Centre) from the 401, is it better to take the 20 or the 40? Distance looks roughly the same, hoping to avoid traffic and potholes if one is better than the other. Travel will be on the weekend during the day. Thanks!

Take the 40. The old 20 routes you through Dorion, Pincourt, Sainte Anne De Bellevue, Beaconsfield etc all with traffic lights.
The 40 is direct on a nice 6 lane hwy right through to Decarie Expressway and then take that to the Ville Marie Expressway East and get off at the Mountain St. exit for the Bell Centre. Going to a Habs game?

6.2 mapping issue really unacceptable!

Just returned from a trip to Kanata this weekend from Toronto and i was underwhelmed by the inconsistencies with the new "revolutionary" GPS mapping.
First of all, it insisted on taking me to the 416 from the 401 and then back track on the 417 to Kanata.
I wanted to take the 15 north from Kingston.
I put a pin point at Perth and it told me how much charge I would have left to get there, but I had no idea how muchIi would have left getting to Kanata.
Once I got to PERTH, then it figured it out and I was ok. I tried Carleton Place while in Kingston and the stupid mapping still insisted on the 416.
Unbelievable.
Returning, I wanted to try Doug's choice of the 10 and what a nightmare. Leaving Kanata, it still wanted me to go to the longer and less scenic 416 not to mention using more energy as I would have had to drive faster.
I had to put a pin in Westpoint or whatever the little town was, and then once there, it figured out how to get to Kingston.
What Tesla needs to do NOW, is update the maps with "Multiple Pins", essentially it would be like the much needed "Waypoints".
Obviously they have the capabilities to insert Pins so why can't they add multiple pins? it would make the driving a lot less frustrating.
The way it is now with 6.2, range anxiety is even more stressful as we have no idea how much energy will be left because we won't travel on the route the car wants us to.
This really needs to be addressed. Even a cheap Garmin or Tom Tom would route us a lot easier and it would give choices, similar to Mapquest.
I love the car but it certainly "lacks" the basic functionality that other cars have had for years.
I know, I know, it is the best car in the world but still, some serious omissions here that have to be addressed.

Just returned from a trip to Kanata this weekend from Toronto and i was underwhelmed by the inconsistencies with the new "revolutionary" GPS mapping.
First of all, it insisted on taking me to the 416 from the 401 and then back track on the 417 to Kanata.
I wanted to take the 15 north from Kingston.
I put a pin point at Perth and it told me how much charge I would have left to get there, but I had no idea how muchIi would have left getting to Kanata.
Once I got to PERTH, then it figured it out and I was ok. I tried Carleton Place while in Kingston and the stupid mapping still insisted on the 416.
Unbelievable.
Returning, I wanted to try Doug's choice of the 10 and what a nightmare. Leaving Kanata, it still wanted me to go to the longer and less scenic 416 not to mention using more energy as I would have had to drive faster.
I had to put a pin in Westpoint or whatever the little town was, and then once there, it figured out how to get to Kingston.
What Tesla needs to do NOW, is update the maps with "Multiple Pins", essentially it would be like the much needed "Waypoints".
Obviously they have the capabilities to insert Pins so why can't they add multiple pins? it would make the driving a lot less frustrating.
The way it is now with 6.2, range anxiety is even more stressful as we have no idea how much energy will be left because we won't travel on the route the car wants us to.
This really needs to be addressed. Even a cheap Garmin or Tom Tom would route us a lot easier and it would give choices, similar to Mapquest.
I love the car but it certainly "lacks" the basic functionality that other cars have had for years.
I know, I know, it is the best car in the world but still, some serious omissions here that have to be addressed.

Sorry, this doesn't seem like a new issue with 6.2 but rather you would like even more functionality that has not been there from day one. Sorry it is such a "nightmare" to navigate yourself off the beaten track.

It's a fair point. Yes, this navigation feature has always been (sorely) lacking. HOWEVER, with the new trip planning feature, this major shortcoming is all that more serious. It completely undermines the usefulness of the trip planning feature.

I heard similar complain from a 2 week old new Tesla owner yesterday. To do a press release about the feature, I would have expected they actually did something good.

The big problem we have I guess is the lack of SuperCharger... If you test this feature in California, I'm guessing it AMAZING ! But we have no other alternative SuperCharger for us on our different routes, and they are on principal routes... We already know about what would be the best route to get close to those SuperCharger.

What we need is a good estimate of speed we can drive with the current charge level based on weather condition to reach that destination.

I reported a bug to Tesla and I hope they got what I meant from the screenshot they take from the 2 screens.

I supercharged at Kingston and left for Toronto. I noticed that the map on the screen doesn't show the route unlike the one on the left. I stopped it and re-entered my destination again. For the entire way to Toronto, it insisted that I should go back to Kingston to supercharge again! I left Kingston with more than 90% and it kept rerouting to Kingston until I clicked on the "remove chargers from the trip" option.

It acted the same way on my way back to Ottawa. I'm surprised that it didn't happen to anyone else... Maybe because I have a 60?