Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least if we push on Tesla for the Lévis / Rivière-du-Loup SC we'll get it (I prepared a Copy & Paste version to get things done faster)...

Supercharging

**PLEASE DO IT BEFORE THE NEXT 2015 FREEZING WINTER!!!** and note that Quebec contruction workers takes 2 weeks vacation in july...

http://goo.gl/maps/HtQnC

Awesome place, near the exit from the Highway 20

Near to:

Centre commercial Riviere-du-Loup (mall with 72 stores) complete list of store (french only, sorry): http://www.centrecommercialrdl.ca/boutiques/
La Cage au Sport (Boston Pizza type...)
Walmart
Canadian Tire (retail store)
SAQ (liquor store)
Maxi (grocery store)
Days Inn Riviere-du-Loup (hotel)
Hotel Levesque
McDonald's
IGA (grocery store)

Here comes Rivière-du-Loup! (now as Permit status on supercharge.info)

My guess was pretty close!

GO TESLA GO!

Now the only one still waiting is Lévis...

Will soon return to Ottawa from Australia. Has Anyone heard whether Ottawa is line for a service centre this year? Or will it take place when SC installed hopefully in 2016?

The service centre is not likely this year, but should come within a couple of years. It all depends on the number of owners in the area, so keep spreading the word about how great your car is :). Don't know about the supercharger - they might be planning for it to go at the service centre or it could be separate.

Pass by the Montréal SC center and they were delivering 2 crates (though there were maybe 2 others) with the same size of those that we already saw for the Cornwall/Kingston/Drummondville SuperChargers...

When I came back to the Service area to take my car back, I wanted to take a picture but they were quickly placed elsewhere...

Pretty sure they were there for the Rivière-du-Loup SC...

We'll see...

Pass by the Montréal SC center and they were delivering 2 crates (though there were maybe 2 others) with the same size of those that we already saw for the Cornwall/Kingston/Drummondville SuperChargers...

Pretty sure they were there for the Rivière-du-Loup SC...

We'll see...

I think it's likely for R-D-L too, but any chance it's for an expansion of the Montreal site?

I think it's likely for R-D-L too, but any chance it's for an expansion of the Montreal site?

Would be very surprised as there's absolutely no room (don't get me wrong! I would like them to add at least two more stalls)... except if they replace 2 of the current 3 HPWC (in front) for 2 more SC... but I would be VERY surprised...

Montréal SuperCharger isn't over used since the opening...

Last edited:
Would be very surprised as there's absolutely no room (don't get me wrong! I would like them to add at least two more stalls)... except if they replace 2 of the current 3 HPWC (in front) for 2 more SC... but I would be VERY surprised...

That's exactly what they should do - replace the HPWCs.

Montréal SuperCharger isn't over used since the opening...

I've heard differently.

That's exactly what they should do - replace the HPWCs.

I've heard differently.

First, space is rare at MTL SC and parking spots, including SC/HPWC are often ICE'd (though, I never saw any of SC stalls being ICE'd... HPWC spot, yes)... even employees have the obligation to park on the other side of the street...

Secondly, you maybe have heard differently but I saw differently...

Each time I went there there was ALWAYS at least 1 of 2 spot available

More often than not, the 2 spaces are available...

I'm pretty sure I've caught-up on all 206 pages of this thread lol. Wow what a journey... now I get to just take Kingston for granted !

Why are there not more calls for a supercharger on the west side of the GTA eg. Oakville, Burlington, or Hamilton. That's a big missing link in my eyes and not on the future maps (Tesla's 2016 shows one on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls but if I'm all the way there I can sniff out that HPWC or, soon, go to Buffalo). To imagine the closest one is the dreaded Woodstock ICE lot does not give me confidence as a driver who will be coming out of the other side of Toronto on occasional trips, possibly on very cold days.

I've heard that the Tesla facility in Mississauga is moving possibly to Oakville or Burlington (either are natural spots for Model S and X sales), if this is true and it's close off the QEW and has Superchargers, problem solved...

I'm pretty sure I've caught-up on all 206 pages of this thread lol. Wow what a journey... now I get to just take Kingston for granted !
Did you also read the 160 pages of the predecessor Canadian Superchargers thread? If not, your homework is not done :wink:

But seriously, with the current superchargers plus Buffalo (opening soon), you can get around pretty well going West from the Toronto SC. Toronto to Woodstock is 148km and Toronto to Buffalo is 190km, both within reach even for a 60 in winter. The one that's tighter is Toronto to Kingston at 246km. In winter, that's not really doable in a 60, barely doable in a 70 and manageable but not at full speed in an 85. That's why we need a SC in Cobourg. So while we may see a supercharger in Oakville and that will be convenient for some trips, I don't see it as top priority.

I'm back! Sorry, i've been away with work for a month or so.
Left my car in Montreal while leaving on a plane.
Drove home last night to the Toronto area and a funny thing happened.
I was the only car charging in all the SC's. Montreal, Cornwall, Kingston and Toronto.
I don't know if that's ever happened before.

The Montreal 2 station SC is dreadfully slow, so I was able to chat with Moraine in service. Very nice girl. Makes the slow charge worthwhile.

Yes I too am very much looking forward to a Cobourg / Port Hope Supercharger but it's not the 1-way distance I'm worried about for the west side of the Toronto area -- it's getting back.

For my typical trips east, I'm in for an overnight stay. But on the west side of Toronto it will predominately be there-and-back day trips, with possibly some stops eg. in Mississauga, and I get anxious thinking about sitting on a crappy J1772 just to get home.

Today's 2015 Supercharger map on the Tesla site shows Cobourg area AND Hamilton (and Niagara Falls on the Canadian side) so hopefully we're covered on both ends by this next winter... let's hope this chapter of the story begins soon for us and for future owners :cool: