Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ecotricity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LukeT

Apr 9, 2019
UK
Stopped at Gloucester services this morning, more for breakfast and to walk the dog really but I was on a range pushing journey so a few kWh was worth it for peace of mind I thought, and it was time I gave one of these chargers a try. Pushed a button on the charge point, followed instruction to plug in CCS, car charged. Not seriously fast at 30kW ish but easily quick enough for my needs. At no point was payment mentioned. What happened? Am I going mad?

As @ACarneiro mentioned. Its on Free vend :)

If you use Ecotricity and see on the Changer unit screen a selection for the connectors, this usually means Free vend :)

Just press the CCS button and plug in and charge.

Just be careful as sometimes the free vend can kick you off after a period of time or kwh used.

As @ACarneiro mentioned. Its on Free vend :)

If you use Ecotricity and see on the Changer unit screen a selection for the connectors, this usually means Free vend :)

Just press the CCS button and plug in and charge.

Just be careful as sometimes the free vend can kick you off after a period of time or kwh used.
I've never found it any different to if it's chargeable, 45 minutes and then you need to pull out and start again if needed?