Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD For Tesla MYP Jan. 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told on Feb 25 my car was being loaded on the truck in Fremont. Today I’m told it’s still stuck somewhere due to the weather. It’s an 11 hour drive from Fremont to Portland. My delivery appointment keeps getting pushed out a few days at a time.
It’s ok with me. I’d prefer that it arrives undamaged.

Reactions: EvoPDX and chobra
We took delivery of our MYP today and it was near perfect. Only spotted a little scuff where the rear bumper meets the body on the passenger side. We had it for about an hour and then dropped it off for the week to get full satin PPF. We’ll pick it back up next Saturday. Sure was hard leaving it behind and driving 3 hours home.

Attachments

• B1FACFCF-D4AE-4C60-BF65-51943549E23F.jpeg
    B1FACFCF-D4AE-4C60-BF65-51943549E23F.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 148
  • CE79F72F-E72D-4542-BF6C-34EFD50BAAC1.jpeg
    CE79F72F-E72D-4542-BF6C-34EFD50BAAC1.jpeg
    552 KB · Views: 82
  • 361732FD-DDBE-410C-8781-CED764A0A24D.jpeg
    361732FD-DDBE-410C-8781-CED764A0A24D.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 92
We took delivery of our MYP today and it was near perfect. Only spotted a little scuff where the rear bumper meets the body on the passenger side. We had it for about an hour and then dropped it off for the week to get full satin PPF. We’ll pick it back up next Saturday. Sure was hard leaving it behind and driving 3 hours home.

That's a long time to leave the vehicle for a 2 day job. Is that because your shop is really busy?

Congrats! How was the delivery process in calgary? Were you able to sit in and inspect car before accepting delivery? How long was the whole process? I have my appt booked for Mar 8.

Congrats! How was the delivery process in calgary? Were you able to sit in and inspect car before accepting delivery? How long was the whole process? I have my appt booked for Mar 8.
Our appointment was at 12:00 pm yesterday. When we arrived we went inside and met with the advisor. We signed the delivery and loan paperwork first. At 12:14 pm we were outside opening up the car. The delivery cars are lined up out front. They deliver around 10-15 cars a day and they are definitely tight on space. They had ours plugged in and charging and it was up to about 96% so we unplugged it. They let us do a full walk around inspection and interior inspection before “accepting” delivery in the app. They then walked us through pairing our phones as keys and adding a second driver. We were done by about 12:40 pm.

The car was very clean and my husband is pretty particular. He could only find 1 tiny spot at the edge of the rear bumper on the passenger side that wasn’t worth fussing about. Everything else seemed flush. It was nice and sunny so the paint was nice and sparkly 😁.

We didn’t get to test drive a performance, only the long range before ordering so it was his first experience driving on. He LOVES it. We are used to sporty suspension cars so he found it very responsive while still absorbing the bumps in the road. Anyone used to a plush suspension may disagree but it’s what we were expecting/hoping for.

Reactions: Mr_Joe and ANicole
I was told on Feb 25 my car was being loaded on the truck in Fremont. Today I’m told it’s still stuck somewhere due to the weather. It’s an 11 hour drive from Fremont to Portland. My delivery appointment keeps getting pushed out a few days at a time.
It’s ok with me. I’d prefer that it arrives undamaged.
After setting up my delivery appointment for 2/28, then 3/1, then 3/4, then 3/7, it’s now set for 3/11. I’ve been told the original truck driver didn’t feel it was safe driving up I-5 due to weather, so now they’re trying to find a different load to Portland they can add it to.
OD was 1/13.

After setting up my delivery appointment for 2/28, then 3/1, then 3/4, then 3/7, it’s now set for 3/11. I’ve been told the original truck driver didn’t feel it was safe driving up I-5 due to weather, so now they’re trying to find a different load to Portland they can add it to.
OD was 1/13.
Whats crazy is my MYP was built 2/28 and is already at the new Vancouver WA delivery center waiting for my delivery tomorrow.

Wanted to see if anyone can give me some insight. This is going to be our first Tesla. Got our VIN assigned today for MYP white/black (PF697), pick up location SoCal. We never had been assigned an SA, we have just been calling Tesla for any questions. After getting the VIN today, we called and asked the customer representative what the build date was and we were told it was Feb 2023 (and they could not see a specific date). From what I gather on this thread, it seems like PF697 was probably built around Feb 22-24? Just curious to see if you guys think this might be a reject? Or is this the usual turn around time for when the car is built to VIN assignment/delivery. Will the customer service representative know or even tell us if this was rejected?

Reactions: SMak12
Wanted to see if anyone can give me some insight. This is going to be our first Tesla. Got our VIN assigned today for MYP white/black (PF697), pick up location SoCal. We never had been assigned an SA, we have just been calling Tesla for any questions. After getting the VIN today, we called and asked the customer representative what the build date was and we were told it was Feb 2023 (and they could not see a specific date). From what I gather on this thread, it seems like PF697 was probably built around Feb 22-24? Just curious to see if you guys think this might be a reject? Or is this the usual turn around time for when the car is built to VIN assignment/delivery. Will the customer service representative know or even tell us if this was rejected?
Doubt it’s a reject. Could just be delayed delivery because of bad weather over the last week or so. You could try asking SA but i doubt they would tell you better to go inspect it yourself

I don't believe it was a rejected model. Freemont just switched it's line to MYP. Congratulations 🎉 on the new car.

Keep in mind that people reject a car for many reasons, none that may even bother you so don't stress yourself out and just make a decision once the car arrives and you're in front of it.
  • They changed their mind and don't want it
  • Their finances have changed and no longer want it
  • Their hold window ended and have to reject the first VIN\delivery
  • Their tolerance for issues with the car is much lower than yours
I was like you a few weeks ago, worked myself up before delivery, reading all the horror stories on TMC, was expecting to find many issues, the day came and there weren't any major issues, nothing that made me not accept delivery.

If you're one of the unfortunate ones to have a bad experience\delivery, then please don't be angry with me for saying the above.

We're not assigned a named SA, it's a pool of SA based on your location, same thing happens when you call CS and enter your zip, it routes you to local call center. When I don't want to wait on hold for an hour I enter a lower population zip (diff state) and they pick up immediately. But then I have to dance around how I got routed to their call center but they end up helping me anyways.

Usually the best service you will receive will be from your local service center, going in-person.