Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi klx01,

Thanks for the information.

You ordered on 6th January, about 10 weeks after me. I can't see your build date (mine was 21 April), but you received your VIN at the same time as me. Your loan people tell you the car landed in Brisbane at the start of May, but Tesla tell me my car isn't even in the country yet. I take that to mean it is probably on Turandot, anchored off Brisbane and waiting for port delays.

There have definitely been a bunch of orders filled in Brisbane recently (some to people who were waiting a really long time), but they all seem to have been built a few weeks before my car and presumably arrived on Palmela.

I would like to believe my car is sitting next to yours and just needs a short truck ride and a wash before being sent north to me, but nothing Tesla have said indicates that is the case. This is the frustration of dealing with Tesla and their random order fulfilment process.

I read recently that Subaru and Toyota have pledged to fulfil their EV orders in the order they are received. It's not a revolutionary concept but I wonder if they are promoting it because of people's experiences waiting for Teslas?

If my car is delivered by Turandot at the end of May, clears customs quickly and arrives by truck here in mid-May, I'll be ok. But if they take until 26 June just to deliver it to the car carrier, I won't get it before EOFY. I just wish I knew which to expect so I could act accordingly.

Good luck getting your car. I hope it is currently just awaiting a wash and final check over before they schedule your pickup.
You and I have very close order date, same build date and I suspect similar EDD (mine is now showing 28/05-13/06). I think most likely it will be end of May early June given some of the Turandot cars have been booked for delivery or already delivered.

Reactions: JonDarian
You and I have very close order date, same build date and I suspect similar EDD (mine is now showing 28/05-13/06). I think most likely it will be end of May early June given some of the Turandot cars have been booked for delivery or already delivered.
There is one difference, though. Turandot docked in Melbourne (where you are) and then headed to Brisbane (I'm in Queensland), where it is stuck in the queue to dock. It is not expected to dock until the end of May. Hopefully yours was just one of the last off the boat and you see it soon.

There is one difference, though. Turandot docked in Melbourne (where you are) and then headed to Brisbane (I'm in Queensland), where it is stuck in the queue to dock. It is not expected to dock until the end of May. Hopefully yours was just one of the last off the boat and you see it soon.
Fingers crossed for you mate. When I spoke with the agent he indicated I couldn’t change delivery location anymore as the cars were being offloaded. There might be a chance you can, perhaps give them a call and ask for the closest pick up location?

Fingers crossed for you mate. When I spoke with the agent he indicated I couldn’t change delivery location anymore as the cars were being offloaded. There might be a chance you can, perhaps give them a call and ask for the closest pick up location?
Thanks. I am in north Queensland, two days drive from Brisbane. The plan is for it to be trucked to me. I have offered to pick it up from Brisbane and drive it home myself, but need to know in advance to fit that into my life, and Tesla can't tell me anything. Hopefully they will be able to make a sensible plan with me before I run out of time. I honestly would have been happy to pick it up in Melbourne and drive it home if that had been an option.

Picked up the car yesterday from Chatswood, Sydney. I can confirm the presence of USS. No UMC (as Tesla had informed earlier). The car was charged to 100% and the Tesla staff were friendly. Once I got a hang of the car, they kinda gently nudged me out of the centre :). My family is quite happy with the car. Wife is not yet confident in driving it, to be fair it's just the second day.

Sparky installed the wall charger today
3 phase.
Needed some existing c/b replacement to get more space for new install.
New lines from one side of the house to the garrage where the wall charger is.
Isolator switch near ro the charger.
Total installation cost $1200.
All quotes received was around 1300.

Sparky installed the wall charger today
3 phase.
Needed some existing c/b replacement to get more space for new install.
New lines from one side of the house to the garrage where the wall charger is.
Isolator switch near ro the charger.
Total installation cost $1200.
All quotes received was around 1300.
Advice to others - quotes I received vary from $1200 to $1500 but I had a sparky over to give me advice on cost saving. He decided to run cables underneath the house (house is on a slight slope) and was happy to charge $550 with a tax invoice and complaicne certificate. Job was very thorough and cabling was neat.

• Informative
Reactions: JonDarian
Advice to others - quotes I received vary from $1200 to $1500 but I had a sparky over to give me advice on cost saving. He decided to run cables underneath the house (house is on a slight slope) and was happy to charge $550 with a tax invoice and complaicne certificate. Job was very thorough and cabling was neat.
Nice. How long he took to finish the job.
Mine took 3.5 hrs and he had an assistant to help run the cable through the roof.

Picked up the car yesterday from Chatswood, Sydney. I can confirm the presence of USS. No UMC (as Tesla had informed earlier). The car was charged to 100% and the Tesla staff were friendly. Once I got a hang of the car, they kinda gently nudged me out of the centre :). My family is quite happy with the car. Wife is not yet confident in driving it, to be fair it's just the second day.
Did you ask them to charge it 100% or did they just do that for you?

Mine took 4 hours and same, one sparky with an apprentice. Not trying to brag on how low the cost is, but I thought others can also ask more questions so electricians can be more creative and bring the cost down.
I agree.. $800 is the right figure for mine I believe after seeing the amount of work. Nothing major. My sparky removed couple of existing double circuit breaker and installed single one to make room for 3 phase breaker for the charger. My guess is maximum $200 materials.

Maybe port delay, or maybe both. Tesla wouldn’t do it on their own, as they’re a money making business. It’s just frustrating when another ship arrived and cars from previous one haven’t even been unloaded. First in last out!
I replied to the message system saying the Tesla's que system is a joke and they replied saying that cars with different onfig are made in different batch hence the delay which doesn't make sense at all.
I believe the delay is the transport from Port to mulgrave

Reactions: deinau
Hi Guys, what EDD is currently sitting on Mulgrave pickup orders?.
Mine changed 4 times already.
16 May- 5June
27 May - 13 June
28 May - 13 June

Latest June1- June 17

OD 21/11 From chadstone MYRWD MSM
My EDD has not changed and is still 22may to 12 june.
OD 13/11/23 Chadstone MY RWD white paint, black interior 19" wheels. Mulgrave pickup