Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Just picked up my Model Y from the Mulgrave DC in VIC today. The process was pretty smooth. Checked in at the DC, did the plate swap which was surprisedly fast, the record was updated in the vic rego check website on the spot! Followed the CheckList to check the car then drove home!

Built quality was quite good, only found one taillight alignment issue and booked a Tesla mobile service next week.

Would like to share some experience during my order, not sure if it's helpful.
- Tesla's comms is insufficient. There were no instructions about what to do with the rego/trade-in forms received under the documents section in the account. It turns out they are view only, which is confirmed by the Tesla Support. Tesla would either request a digital form to be completed or require in person signature on the delivery day.
- Free UMC or voucher is only being handed out to customers whose cars' built date is prior to Mar 2023.
- Ordered and received UMC in 2 days before got the tracking number while the website still show the tracking is null o_O

tempImagedJaP0f.jpg

tempImagenV41sO.jpg

Hey guys,

Just picked up my Model Y from the Mulgrave DC in VIC today. The process was pretty smooth. Checked in at the DC, did the plate swap which was surprisedly fast, the record was updated in the vic rego check website on the spot! Followed the CheckList to check the car then drove home!

Built quality was quite good, only found one taillight alignment issue and booked a Tesla mobile service next week.

Would like to share some experience during my order, not sure if it's helpful.
- Tesla's comms is insufficient. There were no instructions about what to do with the rego/trade-in forms received under the documents section in the account. It turns out they are view only, which is confirmed by the Tesla Support. Tesla would either request a digital form to be completed or require in person signature on the delivery day.
- Free UMC or voucher is only being handed out to customers whose cars' built date is prior to Mar 2023.
- Ordered and received UMC in 2 days before got the tracking number while the website still show the tracking is null o_O

View attachment 940596
View attachment 940597
Congrats, you should also post this is the main model y waiting room, it would be helpful for everyone there as well. Also did they mention anything about delays for future deliveries at Mulgrave?
What was ship was your car on?

Reactions: t3sla-007
Congrats, you should also post this is the main model y waiting room, it would be helpful for everyone there as well. Also did they mention anything about delays for future deliveries at Mulgrave?
What was ship was your car on?
I believe it was on Turandot which was docked early this month. No they didn't mention anything about the delays. However when I asked about the UMC, the Tesla staff who walked me through the car said their finance team will compensate me about the delay in the next two weeks. Probably some Tesla credits? He didn't make it clear.

I believe it was on Turandot which was docked early this month. No they didn't mention anything about the delays. However when I asked about the UMC, the Tesla staff who walked me through the car said their finance team will compensate me about the delay in the next two weeks. Probably some Tesla credits? He didn't make it clear.
I'll believe it when I see it haha Keep us updated about this.

Oh.. Thats a bit of a shame.. Did you try calling them?.. Is this the second change ?
I replied to the previous text message and this was the response:
Hi,

Thank you for making payment on the vehicle. We aim to keep you updated using the EDD but it is still an estimate until we confirm dates which we would confirm with you.

We aim to deliver your vehicle as soon as possible. We will be in communication when your vehicle is booked for movement to our Delivery Centre.

The Tesla Team

This is the third change:
First 22/05 - 12/06
Second 02/06 - 16/06
Third 19/06 - 30/06
What number should I call to get more info?