Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Does anyone have predictions for how busy the N.J. superchargers will be on Thanksgiving Day? Planning on driving from Long Island to N.J. and back on the day itself.

The Edison supercharger is on-route and I’ll need to stop there once but can choose which direction. I’m worried about it being packed and considering taking our gas car.

Thanks in advance!

I was there a year ago on Thanksgiving day. I parked around 9:30-9:45pm and walked into Macy's. The store was a zoo but there were plenty of open supercharger spaces. If you go on the earlier side, it might not be bad because the mall itself will be closed till 6pm. I just looked and they're staying open till 1am Friday, and then they open again at 6am.

I'll probably be there to charge again at some point this coming weekend, depending on how much I can grab from the 120V outlets at my hotel... :)

I charged at Edison yesterday from about 2:45 to 3:15, and it was mostly empty. At most 2-3 other Teslas at any point. And of course the mall parking lot was completely deserted.
1E5BC697-C4F1-4ACE-B411-FC22D7898B09.jpeg

...however, Black Friday was a bit of a nightmare. I ended up going twice because of a scheduling issue coordinating with my in-laws. Around 5:15pm traffic was a mess on Route 1 leading up to the mall, I got the last open supercharger space, and one other was ICEd. When I left at 5:40, four other Teslas left around the same time, so at least it was turning over quickly. Around 7:30pm traffic was heavy but not terrible, but again I got the last open supercharger space, and one other was ICED. By the time I left (~8:20), things had started to clear out in general.

The Macy's there was its own nightmare at 7:30 -- it looked like a hurricane had hit it, and there were still tons of people. We didn't make it into the rest of the mall.

Saturday around 5:15pm wasn't nearly as bad, though more than half full. And yes, I supercharged at Edison 4x total since Thursday, thanks to two 100-mile round-trips from Bridgewater NJ to Manhattan, and a couple other shorter trips within NJ. It happened to be relatively convenient to our routes, but I'll be thrilled when the Bridgewater supercharger opens, wherever it ends up.