Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Releases Performance Pack Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BBE49D5D-3234-477A-B170-5AF662C958E6.jpeg

Thanks @TypeRx

My stock OEM height is:

Right Front: 28 1/2" to ground
Left Front: 28 1/2" to ground
Right Rear: 28 3/4" to ground
Left Rear: 29" to ground

is there a reason why the left rear is 29"?? I was parked on a somewhat flat driveway.

I'm picking up my car soon that's getting the Eibach pro-kit. They're also doing an alignment on it. I'm just worried that my Tesla P3D+ seemed higher than others especially the rears and now that I've put on the springs they won't be as low like other Performance model 3's with the Eibach Pro-kit. Hopefully that makes sense. Anyone know what I can do about this?

Thanks @TypeRx

My stock OEM height is:

Right Front: 28 1/2" to ground
Left Front: 28 1/2" to ground
Right Rear: 28 3/4" to ground
Left Rear: 29" to ground

is there a reason why the left rear is 29"?? I was parked on a somewhat flat driveway.

I'm picking up my car soon that's getting the Eibach pro-kit. They're also doing an alignment on it. I'm just worried that my Tesla P3D+ seemed higher than others especially the rears and now that I've put on the springs they won't be as low like other Performance model 3's with the Eibach Pro-kit. Hopefully that makes sense. Anyone know what I can do about this?
Those are about the same measurements my SR+ had. Definitely the exact same in front. Don’t remember on the rear. However my rear passenger side was also higher. Even after Installing Eibach springs and now with my MPP comfort coil overs. Still sits .25” higher on drivers side rear. At least now I can adjust it. MPP told me it wasn’t uncommon for the rear to be a bit off on these cars.

Those are about the same measurements my SR+ had. Definitely the exact same in front. Don’t remember on the rear. However my rear passenger side was also higher. Even after Installing Eibach springs and now with my MPP comfort coil overs. Still sits .25” higher on drivers side rear. At least now I can adjust it. MPP told me it wasn’t uncommon for the rear to be a bit off on these cars.

For an SR+ that might have made sense but the performance models are a bit lower

Any of you P3D owners scrape with the Eibach drop? Any clearance issues with passengers? I want a mild drop that's fully functional and still driveable.

Haven't scraped yet and feel NO risk of doing so. While I have history driving lowered cars, I had challenges navigating my driveway, speed bumps, and certain parking lots near my house with my 997 Turbo, even at stock height! The Eibach-lowered P3D+ doesn't exhibit the same issues. I have zero concern about scraping with the mild drop Eibach's provide unless we are talking something dramatic, which could scrape even with a stock car.

With front passengers, no issue. Haven't really driven with rear seat passengers yet so difficult to confirm/deny.

Any of you P3D owners scrape with the Eibach drop? Any clearance issues with passengers? I want a mild drop that's fully functional and still driveable.

No issue with passengers, they're pretty stiff so loaded up you're not that much lower than not loaded. Scraping only occurs in the area right in front of the rear wheels that swoops down, and only over extremely tall speed bumps and rarely. My big issue is steep driveways upward driveways that go out to streets and then go completely flat at significant angles. You'll scrape that plastic (black plastic) piece in front of the rear wheels. The plastic has held up well.

I google'd and found this below image to sort of illustrate what I'm talking about. The issue actually isn't the steepness of this/these driveways, although this is a horrible driveway, the issue is actually when you get to the top and it ends, your front tires go over the edge onto flat, and you risk dragging the area before the rear wheels before they clear the angle, basically like a high-center. If there's any roundness to the transition, you're fine, but a lot of parking lots will dump out to streets similar (to lesser effect) then this driveway, when it's a sharp/hard and instantaneous angle change, you could drag a little. Again, it's only unpainted plastic and it's under the car so despite the sound it's not really a concern. I suspect even stock height cars have this problem since that area is so darn low, it just swoops down unnecessarily 2" lower in that area. Fortunately, front front wheels are far forward so I've NEVER scraped the front chip or anything in front of or behind either axle.
0e01bff57e668f23d87245afa6e3fbb9--construction-design-new-home-construction.jpg

are you guys buying the sway bars, too? Figure for only $300 more you may as well add them while the cars on the lift. Any LR AWD folks recommend the sway bars or is that unnecessary?

To my eye, the eibach springs bring the model 3 down to a "shoudl've been stock" level and addresses the uneven front and rear. I had my heart set on the unplugged kit but their drops always look uneven

are you guys buying the sway bars, too? Figure for only $300 more you may as well add them while the cars on the lift. Any LR AWD folks recommend the sway bars or is that unnecessary?

To my eye, the eibach springs bring the model 3 down to a "shoudl've been stock" level and addresses the uneven front and rear. I had my heart set on the unplugged kit but their drops always look uneven

I actually think Tesla just did a crap job of designing the fenders. I feel the car is quite low from factor, and with Eibachs it's very low, but agree it's needed to not make the car look stupidly high and un-athletic. I do feel if you care about handling, sway bars would help, my car while still and low still doesn't provide the handling characteristics of some of its rivals. I haven't driven one with aftermarket/larger sway bars, but having done sway bars on many cars before, it feels like it'd help for very aggressive handling.

Just done with Eibach Pro springs as well - no spacers (plan on 20 mm Blox rear). No neg rake. I think photos with the bulbous greenhouse of the 3 makes it look like that. With darker tint, chrome and pillar delete, this visually lowers the top and helps some.

Before
Stormtrooper.jpg

Eibach
Eibach1.jpg

Due to the very slight angle differences of the shots, it doesn't look much different, but it certainly is. I measured 1" front and 1.3" rear. I also strangely found the ride actually smoother. Handled about the same to me (my weekend car a very low Porsche Boxter S I toss around with ease) around town. I'm sure at the limits or at speed it will be a bit better. Should help efficiency as well on the highway if anyone cares about that with the Performance model ;-)

As most have mentioned, this is mostly an "appearance" mod, though I'm very pleased with the ride (to help those on the fence about that). Hard without background/perspective though: 175 lbs, usually lone driver, 50 years old, also drive a Lexus RX350 (wife) and Porsche Boxter S. Prefer fairly stiff cars with previous BMW M3, Audi RS7, 911. I would not expect others wanting 18 inch wheels or afraid of potholes/rims to do this "mod".

Attachments

• Eibach2.jpg
    Eibach2.jpg
    533.6 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: fritzner and TypeRx
Just done with Eibach Pro springs as well - no spacers (plan on 20 mm Blox rear). No neg rake. I think photos with the bulbous greenhouse of the 3 makes it look like that. With darker tint, chrome and pillar delete, this visually lowers the top and helps some.

Before
View attachment 540149

Eibach
View attachment 540150

Due to the very slight angle differences of the shots, it doesn't look much different, but it certainly is. I measured 1" front and 1.3" rear. I also strangely found the ride actually smoother. Handled about the same to me (my weekend car a very low Porsche Boxter S I toss around with ease) around town. I'm sure at the limits or at speed it will be a bit better. Should help efficiency as well on the highway if anyone cares about that with the Performance model ;-)

Can definitely see the difference -- subtle on the front, very subtle on the rear -- but, the angle of your driveway and the photo make the drop look less than it actually is. Agree that the ride is somehow a bit smoother on normal pavement.

Did you trim your bump stops? Alignment after?

Can definitely see the difference -- subtle on the front, very subtle on the rear -- but, the angle of your driveway and the photo make the drop look less than it actually is. Agree that the ride is somehow a bit smoother on normal pavement.

Did you trim your bump stops? Alignment after?

Ah, forgot those nuggets - I did NOT trim the bump stops (labored over this). I also did not do an alignment yet (seems fine) since I will give this a few months and possibly just go with coil overs. With this mild drop, I don't expect much is needed (and a slight neg camber is OK in my book). I don't plan on it though since this isn't my main "fun car" and it handles just fine for a daily driver.

Reactions: TypeRx
Here's my $0.02. The pro kits are flying off shelves right now due to their mild drop and renowned brand and history. I had a set of MPP comforts on hand but didn’t think I would get 6x cost benefit of using them with my daily use. So I swapped them for the pro kit. I've had a list of cars I've driven with or without suspension mods through the years so I think I have a feel for suspension differences. For those that are saying that these feel just like stock or even smoother, I disagree. You definitely feel the rebound effect in any dips in the road. If you've ever driven a lowered car, full coilovers or springs, you know what I mean. It's about 80% of the oem feeling. Just don’t go in expecting the ride to feel like stock because it won’t. However with that being said, the shocks dampen well enough for the ride to be compliant and not sloppy. Body roll is noticeably reduced. Anything lower on springs, I can't imagine the ride being bearable. Aesthetically, these are perfect. Not too low and the wheel gap is reduced to a sporty stance. I'm getting two full fingers front and back. So far, I’m enjoying them.

Reactions: corndog
Ah, forgot those nuggets - I did NOT trim the bump stops (labored over this). I also did not do an alignment yet (seems fine) since I will give this a few months and possibly just go with coil overs. With this mild drop, I don't expect much is needed (and a slight neg camber is OK in my book). I don't plan on it though since this isn't my main "fun car" and it handles just fine for a daily driver.

You absolutely need an alignment. It’s not a feel issue or whether it tracks. The toe-in is a silent killer. You’re scrubbing your tires away. The insides of your tire will wear away very quickly.

• Love
Reactions: XLR82XS and TypeRx