Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Releases Performance Pack Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered my Eibach for P3D+!

They were on sale for $274
https://www.tirerack.com/suspension...odel+3+Performance&autoYear=2019&autoModClar=

I called Eibach to see what was the difference between 03-22 and the 05-22 and they said it was because their manufactory in Germany already had 03-22 in their system so they had to change it to another number, I was afraid I was getting the old springs and missed out on updated springs but nope, no new updates on the springs as they are all the same.

It seems that people have been loving their Eibach springs with no complaints, anyone wanna give an update on their springs? Any issues? I've been researching for 7 months on an off on wether I should get springs or coilovers but initially got turned away from springs as I heard many Tsportline springs has rattles and creeks to them, had my eyes set on MPP comfort coilovers but the price was a bit much for someone like me who has no plans to take it to the track. Then I saw great reviews on the Eibachs. Hopefully I dont regret this lol. The pros are that for a somewhat cheap mod, I get to lower my car, the cons is that Im paying the same price for install as if I was getting coilovers.

Reactions: fritzner
Is there any yearly maintenance one would have to do with springs? How long could you keep them on without having to fix it theoretically, especially if you dont take it to the track and do more of a twisty spirited drives? Would I have to adjust or do anything to it ever 1-2 years or something like that? Paging @DB-Cooper

Is there any yearly maintenance one would have to do with springs? How long could you keep them on without having to fix it theoretically, especially if you dont take it to the track and do more of a twisty spirited drives? Would I have to adjust or do anything to it ever 1-2 years or something like that? Paging @DB-Cooper

No, there is no maintenance on springs, whether OEM or aftermarket. No adjustments, no fluid to change (LOL), nothing in particular to clean. Make sure they are installed/seated properly from the get go and that the bump stops are appropriately trimmed. Springs will likely outlive the effective life of the car...shocks on the other hand may require replacement at some point during its life.

No, there is no maintenance on springs, whether OEM or aftermarket. No adjustments, no fluid to change (LOL), nothing in particular to clean. Make sure they are installed/seated properly from the get go and that the bump stops are appropriately trimmed. Springs will likely outlive the effective life of the car...shocks on the other hand may require replacement at some point during its life.

So I've heard mix reviews, some say cut the bump stops, some warn not to. New to wheel/suspension stuff..what's the purpose of it?
How much would it cost to replace the shocks? what about struts? How would I know when to replace it? Every 5-10 years??

So I've heard mix reviews, some say cut the bump stops, some warn not to. New to wheel/suspension stuff..what's the purpose of it?
How much would it cost to replace the shocks? what about struts? How would I know when to replace it? Every 5-10 years??

Trim the bump stops per the directions included with the springs. Eibach typically recommends removal of 20mm-25mm of bump stop depending on front/rear and specific application. By trimming the bump stops you allow for more suspension travel (since you are effectively reducing suspension travel by using shorter springs). Without them your risk of "bottoming out" is greater.

Don't know what OEM shocks go for. You replace them when they are worn (eg not rebounding properly). With lowering springs you are likely reducing their effective life, but its impossible to say by how much since there are many other factors at play. I'd feel comfortable saying you won't have to replace your shocks with a mild drop for 5+ years (>60K miles), if ever at all.

You can choose to trust the manufacturer who provides application-specific instructions and has engineers that literally obsess over things like this or you can trust advice from people on the Internet with anecdotal experience. One thing is certainly true -- if your suspension "bottoms out" and the shocks essentially rebound against the bump stop (which are basically acting as ultra high rate springs in this situation), your chance of blowing out the shock are higher than if there is a bit more clearance due to a trimmed bump stop. You may never "bottom out" but if you do drive/corner hard, hit a pothole or bump, etc., the risk is certainly there.

If you choose not to trim and encounter an issue, you can always choose to disassemble at that point and trim...its just time, labor, and car downtime :) With some cars (not sure about the 3) you can actually trim them while on the car!

Final consideration -- if you are having a shop install them (that has hopefully done this many time over), ask them for their recommendation. My guess is they will generally side with the manufacturer recommendation.

Reactions: Captndad
You can choose to trust the manufacturer who provides application-specific instructions and has engineers that literally obsess over things like this or you can trust advice from people on the Internet with anecdotal experience. One thing is certainly true -- if your suspension "bottoms out" and the shocks essentially rebound against the bump stop (which are basically acting as ultra high rate springs in this situation), your chance of blowing out the shock are higher than if there is a bit more clearance due to a trimmed bump stop. You may never "bottom out" but if you do drive/corner hard, hit a pothole or bump, etc., the risk is certainly there.

I would say the opposite of this is true. I would suspect the bump stops are there to protect the strut/shock from blowing out due to over compression.

I would say the opposite of this is true. I would suspect the bump stops are there to protect the strut/shock from blowing out due to over compression.

Well yeah, that too. Some people fully remove the bump stops and that isn't a good solution either because there is too much shock travel under that situation. So, it isn't the opposite of what I said, both situations are possible. But we weren't talking about full removal of the bump stop.

The bump stop is made of a very high density material that rivals the spring rate of even stiff springs. It has very little compliance and will massively magnify the effective rate the shock is contending with.

To anyone who has a good eye, do you know how much this is lower than the Eibach (AWD Performance kit) or would you say its quite even? I'm trying to have my car lowered at a similar level.

Starts around 7:11. I'm mainly talking about when he's close to the regular Eibach drop level and not when he bags his car lower.

I've seen many Eibach pro-kit on Model 3 and some are a little bit lower than others. I suspect it could be from cutting the bump stops? Thats about half an inch lower if you cut of the bump stops.

That is probably due to differences in wheels or Performance vs Non-Performance.

Bump stops have absolutely nothing to do with the height of my car.

My installer refused to cut the bump stops saying he never does. I push led him to do it, but he wouldn’t. I’d trim them in the rear if I was doing it, but I wouldn’t lose sleep either way.

Reactions: TypeRx
Hi Guys, I cannot speak highly enough of Eibach & the products they make. I got my Tesla Model 3 Performance lowered from them directly as they didn't have springs for the 2020 yet & used my car for R&D. These springs dropped the car I believe 1" up front & 1.4" in the back to create the perfect ride height & not give it that raked look. I was very skepticial to go the spring route as I was nervous ride quality would suffer but it honestly feels better than stock & doesn't feel like you are driving on a cloud. It is a lot more planted & handles perfectly. Here are a few images of my car, sorry for the side shot - it is using my iPhone & used the wide angle so makes it look a little different but overall very very happy with the product & ride. Hands down the best springs made & would absolutely reccomend them. Do not play around & go straight to Eibach, you will not be dissapointed!

Are you suggesting the 2020 springs are different? Are they out yet?