Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Springs on LR vs SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to lower my SR+. The Eibach spring seems like the better choice for me as I want slightly lower (approx. 1") and stiffer than stock.

I couln't find the SR+ application on the Eibach website, only the 2017-2018 long range application. The LR car being approx 200lb heavier, I suspect the Eibach LR spring may be too stiff and may not lower my SR+ the way I expect them to... (Eibach website specifies .75" lowering on the SR+ compared to 1 full inch on the LR).

Anyone has experience with the Eibach LR spings installed on an SR+ Model 3?

Looking to lower my SR+. The Eibach spring seems like the better choice for me as I want slightly lower (approx. 1") and stiffer than stock.

I couln't find the SR+ application on the Eibach website, only the 2017-2018 long range application. The LR car being approx 200lb heavier, I suspect the Eibach LR spring may be too stiff and may not lower my SR+ the way I expect them to... (Eibach website specifies .75" lowering on the SR+ compared to 1 full inch on the LR).

Anyone has experience with the Eibach LR spings installed on an SR+ Model 3?
I don't, but I wouldn't consider 200 lbs much of a difference, Its like adding a passenger. Shouldn't change it enough to really matter. Just my opinion

Reactions: SPEEDEM0N
I got them installed and front drop is only about 0.5".

I'll wait a few more days to see if it settles a bit lower. Rear is fine and close to about what the claim is 1.1-1.2" drop.

P.S. On a related note, I called Eibach and they said springs for the SR+ is under R&D. The 180lbs less weight over the LR may make the 0.5" or so difference... Bummer as I would have liked the 1" drop at front.

I got them installed and front drop is only about 0.5".

I'll wait a few more days to see if it settles a bit lower. Rear is fine and close to about what the claim is 1.1-1.2" drop.

P.S. On a related note, I called Eibach and they said springs for the SR+ is under R&D. The 180lbs less weight over the LR may make the 0.5" or so difference... Bummer as I would have liked the 1" drop at front.

I've been waiting for the proper SR+ Eibach lowering springs just for that reason, I was thinking the LR Rwd springs wouldn't get me the 1" drop or so I want. I may just go with the H&R springs tho, getting inpatient.

I've been waiting for the proper SR+ Eibach lowering springs just for that reason, I was thinking the LR Rwd springs wouldn't get me the 1" drop or so I want. I may just go with the H&R springs tho, getting inpatient.

H&R has springs for the SR+?

P.S. Here's the drop with the LR Eibachs on my car.
20190813_202116.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wenkan
The SR requires different spring engineering due to the weights over the front and rear wheels being different. As others have noticed you'll see irregular heights installing LR springs on a SR car. Irregular heights however are just the start of it, the reality is that the spring rates are paired for the wrong car in those cases. I would imagine most spring manufacturers are making specific springs for the SR. I know we are. We make specific springs for the SR (coming soon), for the LR RWD, for the Dual Motor and also we make specific springs for the P3D. And for each of those cars we make usually 2-3 versions of spring for each. And for every spring we make we make two different distinct linear springs rates engineering into a single spring. It can be maddening but it is worth it to have the properly paired spring for the application.

H&R has springs for the SR+?

P.S. Here's the drop with the LR Eibachs on my car.
View attachment 443188
Hi Corrado, may I know if the drop has lowered overtime to 1-1.3" drop after having it sit for quite sometime? I see that initially it was 0.5" drop when installed it.

Any issues with the overall driving dynamic with LR Eibachs? Let me know thanks as I have recently installed a LR Eibachs on my SR+. The front is still high right now.

Thanks,

Wilson