Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ELDA stays permanently disabled on 24.4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to confirm; This is a 28.31.1 patch, not the 28.3.1 patch? I’ve got 28.3.1, and it is stilling staying off for me. I just checked this afternoon.

Although I haven't ever turned it back on since 24.4 allowed me to indefinitely disable it, so maybe as long as it was put into the "off" position before the new patch and is never turned on it'll continue to stay off?
Yeah, 28.31.1 is what I have and it toggles back on.

• Helpful
Reactions: SammichLover
Good news, 2019.32 and 2019.32.1 both appear to have the persistent ELDA disable behavior.

Have you tried using it again lately to see if it's less skittish? I've had it on for months now, and still not had an ELDA trigger - but obviously a lot depends on the roads you're driving.

Personally I'm running with LDA Assist on and ELDA on. The only time the car gets upset (LDA) is when I let go of the steering wheel for a period of time, and then drift over a line without any steering wheel torque. At freeway speeds if I don't signal and change lanes very slowly, that will do it too...but this is not something I am in the habit of doing.

I actually really like the LDA Assist - I do feel it kick in very subtly from time to time, but no upset messages on this display, unless I persist with my negligence.

All well marked roads though.

Reactions: BrandonLive
Have you tried using it again lately to see if it's less skittish? I've had it on for months now, and still not had an ELDA trigger - but obviously a lot depends on the roads you're driving.
No, that would only be “less worse than it was before compared to leaving it off”. Fundamental issue remains that with it on I can’t trust the car to respond as I command.

Indeed I regularly drive on very narrow pavement roads w/no shoulder or lines.

Interesting side note:

I did earlier this week get a screaming red line warning, with nothing but Emergency Braking on. I had AP off and was purposeful letting the car drift onto the center line. This particular road has a rumble strip center, so I was quite aware of the situation...and perturbed by its busybody noise. ;)

It told me via a warning pop-up to grab hold of the wheel; I retorted that it could get stuffed, that it was confused by my pre-naturally soft hands and I was already in control. :p

No, that would only be “less worse than it was before compared to leaving it off”. Fundamental issue remains that with it on I can’t trust the car to respond as I command.

Indeed I regularly drive on very narrow pavement roads w/no shoulder or lines.

Interesting side note:

I did earlier this week get a screaming red line warning, with nothing but Emergency Braking on. I had AP off and was purposeful letting the car drift onto the center line. This particular road has a rumble strip center, so I was quite aware of the situation...and perturbed by its busybody noise. ;)

It told me via a warning pop-up to grab hold of the wheel; I retorted that it could get stuffed, that it was confused by my pre-naturally soft hands and I was already in control. :p

Mine occasionally screams about pedestrians on the pavement. I don't trust the car to decide to intervene until I'm confident it's better at not freaking out about normal things.

I’ve had LDA and ELDA on since the beginning and I’m still pretty sure I’ve never seen the latter. The main cases where it’s done anything have been when I decide to override AP, and it seems to get extra sensitive about both FCW and LDA in these moments (probably to protect from accidental disengagements).

From reading on here I’ve been nervous about it in construction zones, when making room for bikes or pedestrians, or swerving around something in the road. The car has never ever objected to any of those actions. I really recommend people leave this on especially if they haven’t personally run into problems with it.

Reviving this dormant thread because I’m I’m perplexed at how my Model 3 is behaving despite having LDA and ELDA.

I was just driving on the highway in the left lane and a truck up head in the right lane was spilling gravel (or something like that) out of it’s bed onto the road. So I tried to steer just slightly over the left lane line to avoid hitting these rocks bouncing into my lane, and the car reacted by beeping at me and trying to turn your steering wheel to the right to steer me back into the middle of the lane.

It shouldn’t be doing this when LDA and ELDA are both disabled, right? So what gives?

Reviving this dormant thread because I’m I’m perplexed at how my Model 3 is behaving despite having LDA and ELDA [disabled].
I just realized I omitted the crucial word “disabled” at the end of the first sentence in my previous post. Oops. 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, I read through the entire “Lane Assist” section of the manual, and I found no clues to why the car would be applying “corrective” steering when I have ELDA disabled in the settings.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

Has anyone else had corrective steering applied with ELDA disabled?

Is this just another bug? Or is it deliberate to have the car ignore the ELDA setting status?