Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric car's of Sacrmamento

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CUBICcube

Jun 6, 2009
Hello everyone Great forum going on here, I'm a freelance journalist at the Art Institute of California - Sacramento and I am looking for Tesla and electric car owners to interview about what they think of electric cars and the future of the vehicles and their effect on the world, I am also looking for specific addresses of charging stations I can visit around the Sacramento Area, as of yet I have had NO LUCK finding any even close to the capitol city of California, is this intentional? conspiracy maybe?:confused: hehe hope not.. anyway I'm looking forward to some reply's from your guys... until I can buy my own Model S ill just have to look at pictures from owners on this forum.:biggrin:

I am aware of Tesla specific/proprietary connectors in public locations as follows (evchargernews would give you addresses)

Woodland (Gateway Center)
Davis (5th & G)
UC Davis (Mondavi Center)
Vacaville (2 each in two loc'ns on Davis St. North&South of I-80)
Dixon (Pitt School Rd exit of I-80)
Fairfield (2 in one new (yet unlisted) loc'n plus 1 add'l 2 miles away (all near Texas St))
SanRamon (Crow Canyon Road)

Hey, I can mangle the language with the best of them, but if it is your job... :rolleyes:

I’m sorr'y yo'u ha'd t'o wast'e th'e 5 second's i't too'k yo'u t'o writ'e tha't commen't withou't jus't contributin'g a suitabl'e commen't t'o m'y threa'd.
Fortunatel'y it’s no't m'y jo'b henc'e, "Freelance."

...That should cover it.

Oh! I don't think I had heard about this one. I visited all those other chargers this past weekend, and could have easily visited the UC Davis one as well had I realized.

The Sweetie occasionally has events to attend at the Mondavi Center (Like getting her M.D. in 11 months) - that will be useful going forward.

Let me know when you're in town next so I can swing by and say howdy. The Mondavi Center charger is just 32A, I'm afraid. Better than a sharp stick in the eye, but not quite as good as the downtown garage that went in first.

Hello everyone Great forum going on here, I'm a freelance journalist at the Art Institute of California - Sacramento and I am looking for Tesla and electric car owners to interview about what they think of electric cars and the future of the vehicles and their effect on the world, I am also looking for specific addresses of charging stations I can visit around the Sacramento Area, as of yet I have had NO LUCK finding any even close to the capitol city of California, is this intentional? conspiracy maybe?:confused: hehe hope not.. anyway I'm looking forward to some reply's from your guys... until I can buy my own Model S ill just have to look at pictures from owners on this forum.:biggrin:

BTW, I'm in Davis, and would be happy to talk with you about the subject of EVs and charging, etc. It is what I do anyway, so I might as well have a receptive audience! Of course you can probably get gobs of info just by hitting my site (EVnut.com). And as others have pointed out, this is the most complete list of chargers:
EV Charger News - Home
And specifically for Sacramento area:
EV Charging Locations in Sacramento and Vicinity (CA)

You can also scroll around on the map that shows them graphically:
EVChargerMaps

find me here: darell at evnut _._ com

BTW, I'm in Davis, and would be happy to talk with you about the subject of EVs and charging, etc. It is what I do anyway, so I might as well have a receptive audience! Of course you can probably get gobs of info just by hitting my site (EVnut.com). And as others have pointed out, this is the most complete list of chargers:
EV Charger News - Home
And specifically for Sacramento area:
EV Charging Locations in Sacramento and Vicinity (CA)

You can also scroll around on the map that shows them graphically:
EVChargerMaps

find me here: darell at evnut _._ com

Hey GREAT, thanks for the opportunity I'll try and figure out a good time to meet up. I'll be talking with my partner this Thursday and we will figure it out.