Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Motorcycles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

As ever, it's all about the batteries. The drivetrain advantages are clear.

Fully Charged is a great series. Robert "Kryten" Llewellyn is an enthusiastic BEV owner, and interested in renewable energy.

I particularly enjoyed the video at the UK's National Grid electrical distribution control center. It's enlightening and refreshing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX0G9F42puY

So Zero Motorcycles' CEO called me today. There was a recent survey of Zero owners, and he wanted to follow up with around 90 customers to hear more in-depth feedback about the Zero experience, ways to improve and what they're doing well. I was very impressed with the conversation. I mentioned that this forum was the trigger for me, and we talked quite a bit about Tesla in our 1/2 hour. It looks to me like Zero wants to be a very customer-friendly company, and this experience nailed it for me; if they continue their current trend Zero will dominate the market. The next bike I buy will be another Zero.

So many parallels to driving the roadster. I always tel gas lovers about all that moise and vibration being in the way of being in touch with the road.

Like the charge station.

Brammo-Empulse-2.jpg

7827032398_20d9250a07.jpg

I love the pictures of the Brammo Empluses charging from a retro-fitted gas pump. The simplicity of the charging design and the nice location to charge from make a great photo.

The comments on the hellforleather article were great (as well as some very funny ones). I like that the author interacted with the commenters as well. I was nearly convinced to buy the bike except that I live in the Seattle area and the rain would lower my appreciation of this bike. Even considering the rain here, I am very tempted.

Here's another piece on the Lightning bike from a slightly different perspective. I know the race bike I saw last year was a bit rough up close fit and finish-wise, but the latest ones looks pretty decent in that video. I hope to get a good close up look in October at Daytona.
Thanks for this link... It echos many of my feelings. Now it's just a matter of keeping my right brain from overriding my left brain.

I'm stalking them in the local track day providers so hope to ambush them for a ride one of these days...